Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

There is this ISTP guy that I like and he is driving me crazy because I don't know if he likes me, wants to be just friends, or is annoyed by me. Do any ISTP's have any tips on how to tell if an ISTP likes you, hates you or is just neutral toward you? Thanks so much for any help! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hello friends,

There is this ISTP guy that I like and he is driving me crazy because I don't know if he likes me, wants to be just friends, or is annoyed by me. Do any ISTP's have any tips on how to tell if an ISTP likes you, hates you or is just neutral toward you? Thanks so much for any help! I really appreciate it.
Tip #1/1: ask the guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He just keeps sending mixed signals. For example, one day when I saw him, he was super talkative and friendly. We had a great conversation and he even invited me to come by and see him at his office so he could show me around it (he said this twice and made a point that he was serious about his invitation). And when i did go to see him, he showed me around the office, introduced me to his coworkers, and even gave me food (however, i realize that these are things he might do for just a friend). Other times, he seems closed off, quiet and hard to interact with, and I feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me. It drives me crazy. Is that just part of the ISTP personality?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
@mbtiphile Not related to type, also not enough information to form a conclusion, but I think he is just the kind of guy who needs time alone after socializing which is understandable if he is Istp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help. That is what I keep hearing is to straight up ask him but I don't think I have the guts to do it.

·
Registered
ISTP
1,215 Posts
[...]Other times, he seems closed off, quiet and hard to interact with, and I feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me. It drives me crazy. Is that just part of the ISTP personality?
Yes. That is, I wonder if it's not just how people normally work (but them I'm probably biased), I mean, say, when you're focused on work stuff, everything else disappears, no? -- but regardless, how I react to your presence depends on any number of things that might be more important than you right at that moment. Even if I like you to bits. If I really want to figure this thing on my desk out, that > you. Unless you can give me a serious reason why that should not be the case.

So.
There's not much information but I'll help you :
1)You're reading too much into it, that is.
2) He probably doesn't hate you
3) Just ask him
This. Although I would move 2) to "He likes you" (in the most generic way), because for anything less I can't bother to go out of my way to be nice i.e. what he did. YMMV, though. Everyone is not the same.

Anyway, I think the more relevant question is what you want.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Hello friends,

You are driving yourself crazy. It is not his fault you feel what you feel.

Other times, he seems closed off, quiet and hard to interact with, and I feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me. It drives me crazy. Is that just part of the ISTP personality?
You seem to misunderstand him somewhere. He could be unsure of your intentions. Could be he sees you with the same eyes, you know, spastic, erratic and a bit weird and difficult to deal with. Either you take it slow and build something up OR you have a dinner/walk/date with him.

Reactions: mbtiphile

·
Registered
56 Posts
Be direct with what you want. Just ask him, how hard is that? It drives me absolutely crazy when women try to play games to see if I'm interested in them, immediate turn off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts