Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several major events (and my reactions to them) in the past few months have led me to reconsider my assumption that I'm a feeling type. I'm particularly curious about my Ti and Fe placements (if I've got them at all).

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I'm 17 and a lady. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder NOS, but I'll try my best to answer these through a lens of neither depression nor mania. :^) As I said above, I've been dealing with some heavy circumstances, so I am a little more stressed out than usual lately.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
"Trillium Blues"
I've seen too many variations of this landscape, a mountain and trees reflected in water, to be very impressed by the photo itself, but I can appreciate that it'd look incredible in person, at least compared to the sorts of landscapes I'm used to being in. The almost-symmetry is cool, I suppose.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I'd get incredibly anxious at first but wouldn't let it show. In situations like that, it's counterproductive to freak out because everyone else in the group will freak out in response, then you'll all be too anxiety-ridden to think straight. I'd just go into tunnel vision and work with my friends to solve the issue, if possible.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'd go 'cause I like people-watching. That's all there is to it, really.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
It depends on the nature of the belief and how much I've researched my own viewpoint. I'm sort of a know-it-all and get haughty when someone disagrees with me, but I'd ask them to talk about their perspective more so that I'd have more information to base a discussion on. I'm sure my expression, voice, etc. would ice up a little bit; that happens when I'm in "defense mode." Not even sure if other people notice it, though.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Like, if my perspective was proven wrong? I'd probably isolate myself and think it through. This sort of experience is jarring but freeing because it gives me a reason/opportunity to reconsider not only the conviction that's been dismantled, but all my convictions related to it as well.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Honesty is incredibly important to me, though I do think we should be careful about how it's expressed (i.e. yes, tact is often necessary). I'm big on self-awareness and personal growth. I value wisdom, knowledge, and communities built around the sharing of those things.
I came to appreciate these because I've found that they're worth appreciation. Lying has gotten me nowhere, recklessness has gotten me nowhere, ignorance and information-hoarding have gotten me nowhere. I figure my values will continue to evolve as I learn more about what "works," but these are what matter most to me right now, and I feel pretty good about that.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I feel like I see things with a certain degree of clarity that others don't. I'm very intent in my search for truth. b) I'd change my apparent inability to will myself into action. I'm painfully reactionary but have a difficult time effecting change unto the world myself. (Is "unto" the right word there? Probably not, lol.)

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I trained myself into ignoring my intuition because it often led me to unpleasant (yet in the end, correct) assumptions. This has especially been the case in relationships and social situations in general; I can immediately tell whether or not I like or would like someone, I can tell what someone feels about me, etc.
I'm in the process of teaching myself to pay more attention to my intuition.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Discussions about my interests, for sure, but only if the discussion is reciprocal. I love speculating about the unexplained or redefining the explained with other people. Theories excite the fuck out of me. b) Being in groups of people I don't "understand" is exhausting.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress nearly everything because I'm poor at self-expression. Like, I could say that what people get from me isn't a reflection of how I really am, but that wouldn't be accurate because people don't get much from me at all. This has nothing to do with a dislike of people, just an inability to externalize myself.
It's worth mentioning, perhaps, that this goes away after I've gotten to know someone, at which point I am fully myself, unable to hold back.

I hope this was understandable. I'm extremely sleepy, so it's totally possible that it's not understandable at all. If you need clarification on anything, just ask. :^) Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thoughts? Sorry for the obnoxious "bump." I posted this at a late hour, so I suppose it isn't getting as much traffic as it could be~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts