Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List some horrible jobs for enfp's that they would typically be horrible at and why. I'll start us off...

Lawyer because all they do is engage in verbal confrontation. ENFP's usually aren't to happy with that.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Anything monotonous! That sounds immature to say, but it's honestly something I couldn't stand doing...I COULD NOT do it!
Not exaggeration...I can't have a job where i basically do the same thing everyday...it has to be something that sings with my heart and is something I can truly believe in otherwise I'm not gonna be happy...happiness matters hehe

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
it's gotta be

1) Something I tolerate, but I have LOTS of free time.
2)Something I enjoy and still have LOTS of free time.
3)Something I really enjoy and the free time wouldn't matter, but I still need my free time.

I want to do something that won't drive me crazy. I want to do something where I make enough to have enough free time.

Enough money plus free time plus happiness > lots money

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Marriage counselor... Hey look a flower!

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. ENFPs make amazing counselors, ESPECIALLY relationship counselors, because we're #1 out of all 16 types at relationships.

As for horrible jobs, anything isolated, unstimulating, stressful, pointless, monotonous, or where your boss simply treats you like shit. Some of the horrible jobs I've tried and despised: stock girl, clerk, waitress, and LIBRARIAN -- WARNING this job is for introverts!!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I once worked a Christmas job at a turkey packing factory. 12 hour shifts on an assembly line where I had to wear wellies and a hair net and press a couple of buttons over and over again. Dull! Don't know how people do things like that every single day.

Routine and monotony terrifies me, I have to have new challenges and things to inspire me. I hate having to make too many phone calls. Also always helps if I can have music on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
List some horrible jobs for enfp's that they would typically be horrible at and why. I'll start us off...

Lawyer because all they do is engage in verbal confrontation. ENFP's usually aren't to happy with that.
Oh man. And this is what I'm going for too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Oh man. And this is what I'm going for too.
Depends on the type of lawyer I guess. I think an ENFP would be great at the banter side of things, thinking on their feet, bursts of energy, showing passion, diving in with the research on a difficult case. In court I think an ENFP would be great, with a legal secretary to pick up some of the organisation. In an office litigation job, nightmare! If it is what your passion is I would suggest getting along to some courthouses or asking to shadow a lawyer to just check it is what you want it to be, if so, go for it!

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Accountant?
As an ISTJ, I just HAD to pop in to see if the jobs listed were ones that would appeal to me ... and for the most part they are :)

However ... I'm in the process of taking Accounting at college right now (it's a requirement for my particular degree) and I can say with 100% certainty that I HATE Accounting and would never want to do it for a living.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The complete worst job I had was a holiday job where I just had to file things all day... Apart from the fact that it was obviously boring as hell, and so monotonous I wanted to stab myself after a day, I also had a major problem with no-one wanting to tell me WHY things had to be done the way the had to be done... I understand that it's probably a waste of time to explain everything to someone who's just going to be there for a month anyway, but if I would have known why exactly it was important I'm sure it would have at least made it a bit more tolerable :happy:

I've hated most of the jobs I've had actually, or liked them for five minutes and then just found another job... The only thing I really loved, and still do (while studying at uni) is being a barmaid... It's a lot of the same stuff every day, but you get to talk to people all day! Yay! I'm definitely the tip magnet at the place I work, too... Probably because of all the laughing/talking/touching I do with the customers :laughing:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts