Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6w5 here, and I personally haaaaaaateeeeeeeee horror movies! After watching one, I think so much about it, and then imagine whatever happened in the movie in real life or in the dark. :shocked:

Does it have anything to do with the type?!
Or does it differ from person to person?
Anyone?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lol, I love horror movies while I watch them. Good ones, with the actual story line. Not the ones with senseless gore for the sake of gore. But after I finish it, I start thinking about it more and more until eventually, I hesitate to turn off lights or go down a dark hallway alone. I'll call for a dog in the house and make them walk with me, lol. I learned early on that it isn't good for me to watch horror shows. My imagination is too big and wild, creating huge spin-offs of what could happen and how something so drastic could /totally/ fit into reality.
X_x
Also, it's 6am, still kinda dark out here, and the most frightening part of every horror clip I've seen is now running through my head in a non-stop clip.
Blah! xD Where did those dogs get to? lol

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
As a kid, I enjoyed scaring myself/grossing myself out with the horror films that my step-father would rent from the store; then I hit puberty and they ceased to remotely upset me. As an adult, they look incredibly stupid and unrealistic.

So, yes, I hate them too, but for different reasons ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind watching a psychological thriller that may get me thinking, but I truly hate watching a movie waiting for scary loud shit to pop out of the screen.
Exactlyy! :happy:

What do you (and everyoneee) think about e.g. Zombies? paranormal/ghosts? gore? etcetc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Zombies are okay. I can watch those without getting scared. I don't get a rush from them either though. Gore can be entertaining with the right plot. But paranormal stuff, oh man. No, just no. I go crazy. I start thinking I hear sounds or see stuff out of the corner of my eye and I'm sure I'm going to die, lol.

At night, I even do that bit where you go to the bathroom and then bolt to the bed in leaps and bounds like the faster I get under the covers, the sooner I'll be safe. Lol, like anything scary and hunting me would just put up his hands after I hit the safezone of the bed.

Also, pretty much this, lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't mind watching a psychological thriller that may get me thinking, but I truly hate watching a movie waiting for scary loud shit to pop out of the screen.
I agree with this, with a caveat to the hating part. I would hate to watch something like that by myself, but I laugh like hell when I'm with others and they're jumping out of their chairs.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I am an INFP 6w7 and I hate horror movies. I have never been interested in seeing movies such as Final Destination and Saw. I hate to see people getting tortured and killed. It's like I feel their pain. I am more tolerant to physiological thrillers such as the Sixth Sense where you think you have the ending figured out but it surprises you with something you did not expect.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I am 25 and I still do that..........:(

Zombies are okay. I can watch those without getting scared. I don't get a rush from them either though. Gore can be entertaining with the right plot. But paranormal stuff, oh man. No, just no. I go crazy. I start thinking I hear sounds or see stuff out of the corner of my eye and I'm sure I'm going to die, lol.

At night, I even do that bit where you go to the bathroom and then bolt to the bed in leaps and bounds like the faster I get under the covers, the sooner I'll be safe. Lol, like anything scary and hunting me would just put up his hands after I hit the safezone of the bed.

Also, pretty much this, lol.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Agreed. I tend to only watch psychological thrillers when there is some element that I'm interested in. For example, Black Swan due to the various portrays of mental illness throughout. I refuse to watch movies like SAW because I don't like the aspect of torture. Anything involving that subject really bothers me. I also refuse to watch a lot of horror movies based on a true story like Texas Chainsaw Massacre because I know that something of the like actually happened somewhere on this earth and I don't want to be reminded of how bad of a place the world can really be. In any case, this tends to happen for the most part:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts