Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I think anything is possible. We have yet to unlock all of the secrets of the brain, so who knows?

But good lord, if I ever reach the brain capacity to develop telekinesis, that will be the end of my days of having to get up to fetch something from across the room :p

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
This is one of the things I so desperately wanted to be true as a child. I suppose it was a part of my wanting to be special without expending any effort syndrome. I tried to move shit, nothing did :/

My most vivid dreams have often involved telekinesis, I’m so convinced I have the ability in the dream that waking up is initially disorientating and then a massive disappointment.

In my dreams it’s very difficult to apply a constant acceleration. It’s typically much easier to pull the object towards me, but the force increases(I guess quadratically) as the distance closes. This means that shit flies into me at a rate of knots. With a bit of practice I manage to produce 2 compensating forces + a third for levitation, but it’s fucking hard to keep them balanced. When I try in my dreams, my concentration wanes and the object starts to wobble and/or shoot all over the place.

I love those dreams.

Edit:

I know the number of forces used for stabilising is arbitrary, but that’s about all I can manage in the dream.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Some of you guys may laugh at me, but when I was younger, I tried to develop awesome telekinetic powers by training with a psi wheel under a glass cup. There was one time when the wheel actually spun, with no explanation as to why because there was no movement around it, but I never got the wheel to do it again :(. I also tried to create chi energy balls because I wanted to be like Goku >_<. Oh my kiddish dreams.

·
Registered
ENTP
821 Posts
I tried to make traffic lights change color. I almost convinced myself that I could. These days I would like to have the ability to destroy things with my eyes. It's funny though, if I ever did get my laser eyes installed, I'd probably get bored of it after a day or so and forget all about it then later accidentally fry somebody at the check-out counter. Sometimes action at a distance is not a good thing.

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
This is one of the things I so desperately wanted to be true as a child. I suppose it was a part of my wanting to be special without expending any effort syndrome. I tried to move shit, nothing did :/

My most vivid dreams have often involved telekinesis, I’m so convinced I have the ability in the dream that waking up is initially disorientating and then a massive disappointment.

In my dreams it’s very difficult to apply a constant acceleration. It’s typically much easier to pull the object towards me, but the force increases(I guess quadratically) as the distance closes. This means that shit flies into me at a rate of knots. With a bit of practice I manage to produce 2 compensating forces + a third for levitation, but it’s fucking hard to keep them balanced. When I try in my dreams, my concentration wanes and the object starts to wobble and/or shoot all over the place.

I love those dreams.

Edit:

I know the number of forces used for stabilising is arbitrary, but that’s about all I can manage in the dream.
Oh! I know those kinds of dreams! Mentally gauging + manipulating gravity-mass/electromagnetic fields/resistance-drag with non-corporeal muscles. It does seem strange that I can't do that waking because it just seems so normal/natural in the dreams. It is just like learning and practicing any other skill. Well, a little more complicated, -- like playing tennis with my back to the net using a hand mirror. (Fun, though.)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Some of you guys may laugh at me, but when I was younger, I tried to develop awesome telekinetic powers by training with a psi wheel under a glass cup. There was one time when the wheel actually spun, with no explanation as to why because there was no movement around it, but I never got the wheel to do it again :(. I also tried to create chi energy balls because I wanted to be like Goku >_<. Oh my kiddish dreams.
I actually did this too lol. The difference being that I got good at it and could totally control it. I eventually got to the point of rolling empty red bull cans across my desk. Years of my life went into to testing and trying to explain how any of it is even possible. I still haven't a clue, but it's sad that most people believe it's all bullshit. Looking at a a heavy object for about a minute and expecting it to move (which is what most people do at least once in their life before concluding it doesn't exist) isn't exactly thorough.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I actually did this too lol. The difference being that I got good at it and could totally control it. I eventually got to the point of rolling empty red bull cans across my desk. Years of my life went into to testing and trying to explain how any of it is even possible. I still haven't a clue, but it's sad that most people believe it's all bullshit. Looking at a a heavy object for about a minute and expecting it to move (which is what most people do at least once in their life before concluding it doesn't exist) isn't exactly thorough.
You actually did it?! Kudos to you. Now I'm thinking I should keep trying.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You actually did it?! Kudos to you. Now I'm thinking I should keep trying.
It aint easy. It took me a solid three days of trying to get any movement out of that little pinwheel. I've read it's not uncommon for people to take weeks. Then again I've read of people getting it in just a day. Be prepared to put in more time and effort than you want to.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It aint easy. It took me a solid three days of trying to get any movement out of that little pinwheel. I've read it's not uncommon for people to take weeks. Then again I've read of people getting it in just a day. Be prepared to put in more time and effort than you want to.
:dry:

Boy, I practiced for a good couple of weeks and only got the blasted wheel to spin once. My brain power = none.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
As with many things, I don't rule it out. I've never performed or experienced it, but I don't see how something like that is any more farfetched than something like quantum entanglement.

I'm of the opinion that the distance between you and an object is an illusion, anyway.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
When i see a naked guy, it looks like i use my telekinetic abilities to make my penis look bigger, But its actually because i am aroused.

Can't trust this video because of that simple fact

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
:dry:

Boy, I practiced for a good couple of weeks and only got the blasted wheel to spin once. My brain power = none.
Dang. Ok, take an empty can, stick in on the edge of your desk so about 30-40% of it is hanging over the edge, make sure it doesn't move by itself or by any table vibrations (make it stable, close any doors/windows etc.), move up to a meter away from it and stare at it. Don't imagine it moving, just be convinced that it's about to move. I've found that when my eyes dart over the can it helps.

God I feel really weird saying this on a forum full of Rationals. egh.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Dang. Ok, take an empty can, stick in on the edge of your desk so about 30-40% of it is hanging over the edge, make sure it doesn't move by itself or by any table vibrations (make it stable, close any doors/windows etc.), move up to a meter away from it and stare at it. Don't imagine it moving, just be convinced that it's about to move. I've found that when my eyes dart over the can it helps.

God I feel really weird saying this on a forum full of Rationals. egh.
Go to the Idealists, you dreamer!

Psi wheels work through convection currents. Your hands warm up the air under the wheel and rises and then cold air falls and that's what makes a psi wheel work.
That is, unless your hands aren't anywhere near the wheel and there are no other ways to explain what happened. Then that's a bit strange.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not though. I'm really bad at telling if people are joking or not. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Go to the Idealists, you dreamer!

Psi wheels work through convection currents. Your hands warm up the air under the wheel and rises and then cold air falls and that's what makes a psi wheel work.
That is, unless your hands aren't anywhere near the wheel and there are no other ways to explain what happened. Then that's a bit strange.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not though. I'm really bad at telling if people are joking or not. :unsure:
Yeah I've heard that explanation hundreds, if not thousands of times. I've also seen videos of people putting bioling water in mugs sat around the wheel to show it not spinning too, so I wouldn't exactly call it proven either way. I think the convection currents thing can be situational depending on your set up, ambient air temperature, air density, things like that. For me though, I knew right away that it wasn't that because a) I never used my hands, I was one of the very few who never had that "crutch", I used to do it from as far across my room as I could physically stand and still have 100% control over which way it would turn and when, and b) I have a sweating condition on my hands that causes them to be ice cold. Doing it under a bowl helps, but there are always people who just won't believe because they tried that one time and it didn't work for them. Not that I expect them to believe, that would be very naive of them. Personal testing is paramount for this stuff.

Oh dear, have I just been ousted from the NT club?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yeah I've heard that explanation hundreds, if not thousands of times. I've also seen videos of people putting bioling water in mugs sat around the wheel to show it not spinning too, so I wouldn't exactly call it proven either way. I think the convection currents thing can be situational depending on your set up, ambient air temperature, air density, things like that. For me though, I knew right away that it wasn't that because a) I never used my hands, I was one of the very few who never had that "crutch", I used to do it from as far across my room as I could physically stand and still have 100% control over which way it would turn and when, and b) I have a sweating condition on my hands that causes them to be ice cold. Doing it under a bowl helps, but there are always people who just won't believe because they tried that one time and it didn't work for them. Not that I expect them to believe, that would be very naive of them. Personal testing is paramount for this stuff.

Oh dear, have I just been ousted from the NT club?
Could you provide a demonstration via YouTube or something?
I'm going to try this right now. With hands and without hands.... although my hands are pretty warm, if the convection current thing is true then that could have an effect.

It depends. If you can provide evidence to support your claim then we might not terminate your membership completely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts