·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Your overall type preference is:
type 5 (5w4) first,
type 4 (4w5) second,
and type 8 (8w7) third

Pretty close. Whatever my tritype is, the first one is definitely 5w4 and the second one is definitely 4. I have the weakest affinity for my gut type. Previous to examining it more closely, I thought my gut fix was 8. However, it appears my gut fix is 1. I relate both to 548 and 541 descriptions, but I think, deep down, the 541 is probably more accurate. The only thing that keeps me from totally owning 541 is that I can be extremely contrary and challenge things, but I don't know how much of that is moving toward 8 naturally from 5 or because I actually do have an 8 gut fix.

I'd guess my tritype (with wings) is 5w4, 4w5, 1w9 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually 5w4, 4w5, 8w9.

Also, I can't really speak to the quality of this test. If it matters, I couldn't identify which of the gut types each statement corresponded with, but that's probably a reflection of my ignorance or lack of interest in examining gut types.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,542 Posts
type 5 (5w6) first,
type 3 (3w2) second,
and
type 8
(8w9) third.

Your dominant body-based type is type 8 (8w9)
Your dominant heart-based type is type 3 (3w2)
Your dominant head-based type is type 5 (5w6)

Close, but not quite.

Reactions: BranchMonkey

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
type 5 (5w4) first,
type 1 (1w9) second,
and type 4 (4w5) third.

It's accurate in the sense that I score 514 on tests rather consistently, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily a reflection of my type. It could be a matter of my own bias at work.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Close But No Cigar -- Freud and Clinton Wouldn't Get It...

Based on your responses, you are likely Enneagram tritype is: 5-8-2

and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 5w6-8w9-2w3

Actually, as far as theory goes, I think this is accurate, and it matches up with my having PTSD as well as DID and general anxiety, et cetera, oh yes, it does.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
type 8 (8w7) first,
type 7 (7w8) second,
and type 3 (3w2) third.

That's my tritype, but I relate more to 7w6, the 8 and 3 are on point.

·
Banned
2,044 Posts
worked for me I guess - I mean, the answers were very "blatant type X," and not very natural to relate to. It was just rephrased enneagram theory instead of something people are going to normally pick - which is what most tests are anyway. But yeah, it gave me 496.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Yeah, I don't really think their descriptions are great.
I agree.

I had trouble choosing responses because I could relate to some parts of at least two out of three of them. This is the second time I've taken it and my results (153) seemed more inaccurate than they were the first time (541 or 154, can't remember).

Similar to what someone else said, the descriptions mirror the type descriptions too closely. I'd be following a similar (and more accurate) process just by going through each of the 9 type descriptions and deciding which three I relate to most.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I have an ability to come to a test as though for the first time, and I accept the dichotomy, so when I was in doubt for which one was the 'best' fit I was fortunate to have my husband here as he and I have known each other over half our lives, and for some all I had to do was read the question aloud to him and I knew then which one fit me 'best' or 'more' and he would always concur, or he'd ask me a question, make an observation, and the choice was easy.

In my case, I got the best read for tritype with this than the ones I took on my own.

I don't trust many people... ok, no one but my husband, to know me well enough to go to for this kind of help, but it worked.

I'm glad it was short, because he was tired, so I said, "I just have a couple questions, short ones, two choices, I need your help with," and he had the energy.

I can't imagine his being able to help me with the one I took that had over 200 questions in it--a Hudson and Riso questionnaire, and I didn't test true for it, and I knew it. Frustrating to take my time, alone, go for truth not what I'd like to be and come out wtf?

This test worked for me.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
@HallowedHydraNess

Interesting about having someone else take the test and it be easier. I remember when I first started studying the Enneagram and I had mistyped myself, people close to me knew my dominant type before I realized it. I don't know that anyone has specifically written a test for someone to take for someone else. I wonder how that kind of test might be different.

Sounds like a shorter test would be better so they won't get bored or overwhelmed by it - as you described with your husband.
Maybe it should have to do more with how someone approaches life situations that others can see as a pattern.

It might be worth creating a test like this to type others or have others help determine your type. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
It's all right. I liked their gut and heart descriptions fairly well but not the head ones. I didn't associate with their take on 6 much at all, evidently, since there's no trace of 6 in my result.

I do however appreciate the clean and easy structure of the test, and its narrowing-down.

The test gave me 9w8-7w8-2w3. I self-identify as 6w7-9w8-2w3.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 5-4-9
and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 5w6-4w5-9w1

I still don't know anything about Enneagram. Wouldn't have a clue what each question is getting at, so I can just jump in blindly, no bias, fwiw.

I think this is really accurate, my own research suggests 5w4 over 5w6 though.
4w5 and 9w1 are both solid fits so hey, this might be the most accurate test yet.

Enneagrams 5, 4 and 9 are absolutely the ones I self-identify with the most.
I don't have any choice but to say it's solid.

I'm going to have to research 5w6 a little more.

Is it possible to be a 5w4, 4w5, 9w1? Or is there never any overlap?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Definitely my tritype, and I could very well be a 9 rather than a 4 for core type. I also like the 6w7, could fit better than the w5!

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 9-4-6
and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 9w1-4w5-6w7

type 9 (9w1) first,
type 4 (4w5) second,
and type 6 (6w7) third.

Your dominant body-based type is type 9 (9w1)
Your dominant heart-based type is type 4 (4w5)
Your dominant head-based type is type 6 (6w7)

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I still don't know anything about Enneagram.
lol why have you selected an Enneagram type then?! :laughing: This goes for Myers-Briggs type as well. Are you not aware that you can simply choose "Unknown" in your profile settings? Randomly choosing/continually switching types misleads others.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
lol why have you selected an Enneagram type then?! :laughing: This goes for Myers-Briggs type as well. Are you not aware that you can simply choose "Unknown" in your profile settings? Randomly choosing/continually switching types misleads others.
By that, I mean I haven't done extensive research into the system and immersed myself with all the ins and outs of it to develop a comprehensive understanding.

Type 5 is the best fit for me, with 5w4 being the most accurate out of 5w4 and 5w6.

With regards to MBTI, I only shift from INFJ when I'm in a shitty mood. Eh.
The possibility of truly being any other type is precisely none, though the idea of being a Ti dom certainly fascinates me.

There is nothing random about the hats I've worn, fwiw.
But anything besides INFJ is nothing more than just that.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
type 8 (8w7) first,
type 7 (7w8) second,
and type 3 (3w2) third.

That's my tritype, but I relate more to 7w6, the 8 and 3 are on point.
Were similar

We must be soulmates

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Actually is the first accurate test I did.
Result: 7w6 8w9 4w3
My type is 874

1 - 20 of 35 Posts