Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an INTP looks like

Hey guys,

So I've been reading a lot of interesting threads on how different personality types are usually associated with certain facial characteristics/looks on other forums (e.g. INTJs tend to be skinny, INFJs tend to have a fierce glare, ISTPs tend to look stoned, etc.), and I'm pretty sure it's been done on PC before, but I can't seem to find the thread(s).

Anyway, I'll love to know whether INTPs DO look a certain way on average (because there are always deviations from the norm).

According to Socionics,
INTps often have a characteristic round-shouldered posture. Their necks are often not as well proportioned as other types and their heads seem to strain forwards. Their eyes have a sorrowful look about them as if they are about to be victimised in some way. Their noses are somewhat aquiline in shape which combined with often flattened cheekbones giving the false impression that their noses are large.

During conversation INTps may project their lower lips forward. INTps often show poor control of their lower jaw, allowing them to hang down. INTps normal facial expressions usually reflect wisdom and great life experience or sadness and victimisation. Although INTps are introverts, some of them may behave in a very extroverted manner.

Do you guys agree with this description???? We sound like aliens or something! Hahaha.

Anyway, I'll start off:

Eyes: Large
Nose: Rather large :-(
Mouth/Lips: Full bottom lip vs. not-so-full upper lip
Face shape: Oval
Body type: Curvy
General look: Sleepy/Tired (Which is what people always tell me, and I get really annoyed because I'm usually not sleepy OR tired)
Appearance: I hardly ever wear makeup. Also, when it comes to clothes, comfort first, looks second. :-O

You guys can add more details if you want to!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never met another INTP before, so I can't really give a say.
Honestly I'm not aware if my eyes or my nose is large.
I'm Hispanic, and my facial features differentiate from someone who might be white or black.

I think it all depends really, in a sense I think generally INTP's might have the 'same facial features' but only to an extent.
My face is oval-ish ( maybe ) and my body structure is curvy, that's probably only because I'm female and I continuously show a sleepy/tired look in most situations.

So I guess I could agree with this in some ways, but there are so many factors to look at before I could truly say,
"yes, this is what INTP's look like"
everyone looks different, right?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
This describes how I look perfectly, just replace 5/6 with INTP.

"5/6 is interested in fitting in, but not standing out, unless there is extreme identification with ideas, in which case there can be a tortured kind of threeish social aggression. Clothing is usually conservative and often quite understated. Sometimes there is a coarse, gritty sort of appearance. Hair might be a bit messy, glasses askew. The six wing (and its threeish stress) sometimes brings in a desire to look sharp and professional, but it is not usually accomplished as smoothly as a real three would do it. Healthy 5/6 often likes to dress well, although there usually must be a conscious effort."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never met another INTP before, so I can't really give a say.
Honestly I'm not aware if my eyes or my nose is large.
I'm Hispanic, and my facial features differentiate from someone who might be white or black.

I think it all depends really, in a sense I think generally INTP's might have the 'same facial features' but only to an extent.
My face is oval-ish ( maybe ) and my body structure is curvy, that's probably only because I'm female and I continuously show a sleepy/tired look in most situations.

So I guess I could agree with this in some ways, but there are so many factors to look at before I could truly say,
"yes, this is what INTP's look like"
everyone looks different, right?
Of course, that's very true. I am aware that you can't type someone just by looking at them, but I thought it would be interesting to get a general idea (if this exists) of what INTPs look like.

Also, females need not necessarily be curvy. There are many body shapes - slim, pear-shaped, apple-shaped, athletic, and the list goes on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Eyes: Medium-ish?
Nose: Medium-large.
Lips: bottom lip, kinda full. Top lip: sorta. idk.
Face shape: kinda round, but not too much that it looks weird with short hair.
Body type: idk. Curvy in a way?
General Look: Angry/sad (I'd like to say bored, but everyone tells me that I look angry or about to cry.)

167 Posts
Hmm I don't know much about Socionics but I thought INTP in MBTI does not equal INTp in Socionics. I don't know if there are equivalents but I tested as INTj in Socionics. That aside, my default expression is axe murderer and I have an hourglass figure if that helps, haha. Just kidding on the axe murderer part. I look bored/apathetic most of the time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cool thread.

Eyes: I don't know about the size (perhaps large), but they do stand out since they're sleepy with permanent dark circles.
Nose: Long, but average in profile.
Lips: Full bottom lip, very small upper lip.
General Look: Angry

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
According to Socionics,
INTps often have a characteristic round-shouldered posture. Their necks are often not as well proportioned as other types and their heads seem to strain forwards. Their eyes have a sorrowful look about them as if they are about to be victimised in some way. Their noses are somewhat aquiline in shape which combined with often flattened cheekbones giving the false impression that their noses are large.

During conversation INTps may project their lower lips forward. INTps often show poor control of their lower jaw, allowing them to hang down. INTps normal facial expressions usually reflect wisdom and great life experience or sadness and victimisation. Although INTps are introverts, some of them may behave in a very extroverted manner.

·
Registered
472 Posts

I'll take a better picture later, but I didn't want to forget about this thread in the meantime. Sorry the quality sucks.

Not curvy, but not not curvy, if that makes sense, horrible posture.
Also, that's my natural expression.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a very small nose and small eyes, I look like a beanpole and I have a good posture thanks to yoga. I am an impostor! :shocked:

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Eyes: large
Nose: Medium, rounded, with a slight upturn
Lips: full
Face shape: roundish.
Body type: slim with slight beer belly
General Look: Relaxed.
Appearance: Scruffy, but scrub up well when needs be.

I look alot like my avatar.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hey guys,

So I've been reading a lot of interesting threads on how different personality types are usually associated with certain facial characteristics/looks on other forums (e.g. INTJs tend to be skinny, INFJs tend to have a fierce glare, ISTPs tend to look stoned, etc.), and I'm pretty sure it's been done on PC before, but I can't seem to find the thread(s).

Anyway, I'll love to know whether INTPs DO look a certain way on average (because there are always deviations from the norm).

According to Socionics,

Do you guys agree with this description???? We sound like aliens or something! Hahaha.

Anyway, I'll start off:

Eyes: Large
Nose: Rather large :-(
Mouth/Lips: Full bottom lip vs. not-so-full upper lip
General look: Sleepy/Tired (Which is what people always tell me, and I get really annoyed because I'm usually not sleepy OR tired)
Appearance: I hardly ever wear makeup. Also, when it comes to clothes, comfort first, looks second. :-O

You guys can add more details if you want to!
Hmmm, that's a very interesting description. I'm not sure how does socionics map to mbti, i think their INTp is either INTP and/or INTJ.
BUt I would agree with it.
My posture is kind of bad and my head does lean forward. Round shouldered posture actually perfectly descirbes mine. My jaw is usually dropped because I have allergy problems and my nose often gets congested so I sometimes have to breathe through my mouth. My nose is a bit aquline; still; not much.
My bottom lip is fuller that the upper one.
Cheekbones are also a curious thing; I've been told I have a "sharp" face. Similar to this guy. This could, however, be the result of my slavic ancestry. Wouldn't know.

Now regarding the eyes I wouldn't know if I look victimised but those bags under them (a result of 4hrs of night sleep) actually could make me look a bit sad.
I'll try to post an outline of my face if I find a suitable image... it's much easier that way.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts