Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would people agree with these definitions? Or are they just stereotypes?

Fi: You prefer to think about feelings (yours or others).
Te: You want people to think you think about things.

Ti: You prefer to think about things.
Fe: You want people to think you think about feelings (yours or others).

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't quite agree with Te or Fe. I think they have to do with how you gather information from, and interact with, your environment. But I like the Fi...try again?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol. Ok, thanks. I was suddenly thinking it wasn't fitting my ESTJ mum. Case closed.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
erm.. actually to me Fe & Te rings true, although obviously you make it sound as if they are JUST to show off. i definitely talk about my Te ideas a lot more than my Fi feelings which i mostly keep close to my chest except for around other Fi users, and when i use Fe (which is strange. i got the strange sensation of mirroring an INFJ ex and she "brought" the function out in me) i liked to show it so others noticed it- it worked as part of my charm/.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Fe is more about recognizing habits and customs in the people around you. It's thinking about people objectively rather than subjectively. For instance, I use it to find the best way to converse with people or to know what to avoid with certain people so as not to cause friction. I can also recognize peoples' weaknesses and notice their reactions to different things. I think that Fe directs me on how to communicate with people a lot of the time. Of course, that would be Fe working with Ti and perhaps my other functions...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts