Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Kudos, I know how tough that one is. And, YES, YES IT IS!!! God, how I hate it:rolleyes:
And today I'm going to eat a pseudu-lasagne with chicken and salmon (strangely enough, the combination works), lots of leek and unions, as well as mushrooms (the one you can buy from a supermarket, mind you) and carrots.
Drenched in a sauce made of cottage cheese and skimmed yoghurt, mixed with just enough garlic powder and ground spring unions.

That's about 1500 Kcal right there with enough protein to last me two days!
Losing weight can also be tasty~

Also... WHAT are you talking about? Going from the picture you don't even have to lose weight! D: I just lost a little over 10 kilograms and I still need to lose 10 more! ;-;

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Also... WHAT are you talking about? Going from the picture you don't even have to lose weight! D: I just lost a little over 10 kilograms and I still need to lose 10 more! ;-;
Thanks:blushed: Yeah, I'm way heavier than I look (partly because of all the muscle), and I struggle to keep weight. I have to keep myself in line just to keep what I have. Realistically, with the muscle mass that I have, I should still have about 10kg less. Also, I've originally lost 13kgs from last year, but part of it went back up, after I've been in bed with pneumonia for a month and a half. I need to lose weight to speed up on the football field, and to be able to keep my rotten hamstring in check. I injured it 2x, and now I pull it really easily. With less weight, it would be easier.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks:blushed: Yeah, I'm way heavier than I look (partly because of all the muscle), and I struggle to keep weight. I have to keep myself in line just to keep what I have. Realistically, with the muscle mass that I have, I should still have about 10kg less. Also, I've originally lost 13kgs from last year, but part of it went back up, after I've been in bed with pneumonia for a month and a half. I need to lose weight to speed up on the football field, and to be able to keep my rotten hamstring in check. I injured it 2x, and now I pull it really easily. With less weight, it would be easier.
Well, what's the problem then? If you have trouble keeping on weight, it's easier to lose it, right?
What kind of football are we talking about by the way? The hand-egg kind or the proper one?
It sounds like your hamstring could use someone with a tender hand and a broad understanding of deep tissue and connective tissue massages. :eek: Not hinting towards anything though, nope, not at all.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well, what's the problem then? If you have trouble keeping on weight, it's easier to lose it, right?
What kind of football are we talking about by the way? The hand-egg kind or the proper one?
It sounds like your hamstring could use someone with a tender hand and a broad understanding of deep tissue and connective tissue massages. :eek: Not hinting towards anything though, nope, not at all.
I meant it the other way around. I'm an endomorph. I build muscle really easily, but I also tend to put on weight really easy. What I meant was keeping stable. Can't really afford to indulge, and have to keep in mind what quality and type of food I eat too. Unfortunately, I have a sweet tooth and like chocolate.
We are talking the American football right now. I used to play European football for recreational purposes all through high school, but I took up AF when I was 25.

And yeah, that would be handy:wink: The gif!:laughing:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I meant it the other way around. I'm an endomorph. I build muscle really easily, but I also tend to put on weight really easy. What I meant was keeping stable. Can't really afford to indulge, and have to keep in mind what quality and type of food I eat too. Unfortunately, I have a sweet tooth and like chocolate.
We are talking the American football right now. I used to play European football for recreational purposes all through high school, but I took up AF when I was 25.

And yeah, that would be handy:wink: The gif!:laughing:
In that case, I guess we're in the same boat. I didn't know it was called 'endomorph', my mum always called it 'naturally fat'. She blamed genetics, I blamed the stuffed fridge and sweets cabinet where we stored our genetics.
Even on a protein starved diet (I didn't know what I was doing, shoot me. :p ) I didn't lose as much muscle as most people do, so I guess it is both a blessing and a curse.
I can imagine being an ESFP makes it even harder keeping one's weight in check, all those things to indulge in... It's... Mesmerizing! :blushed: Fuck. I could really go with some chocolate right now. (NO, DOWN, BAD ESFP!)

Cool, I used to play a bit of rugby when I was younger and living in Wales. When I moved to the Netherlands for a short while I played some 'EU' football because there weren't as many rugby clubs there. I played for a year before getting bored of not being able to run over my opponents. I was an excellent goalie, though, quite the human cannonball when diving for the ball. :tongue: (I wasn't diving for the ankles or knees, I swear!)
I quit sports altogether when my dad bought me a NES and we shortly moved to Russia after. The village we lived in didn't have much to offer in the way of sports anyway.
Been back in NL for quite a while now, thinking of taking some kickboxing lessons to prepare me for some Krav Maga.

Haha, handy, I see what you did there! :p

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
^^Pretty much everything you said.

She blamed genetics, I blamed the stuffed fridge and sweets cabinet where we stored our genetics.
^^I'm dying:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Discipline is not one of my strong sides. I think I need to be disciplined instead:blushed:

If I didn't have American football, I don't know how I would ever force myself... I don't know much about rugby, except that some of my teammates have decided that when it's AF off-season, they go play rugby to stay reasonably fit.

·
Registered
442 Posts
^^I'm dying:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Please don't I'm very bad at CPR! :eek:

Discipline is not one of my strong sides. I think I need to be disciplined instead:blushed:
Oh my. Wait, uhm... Oh my. (Call me! :blushed:)

If I didn't have American football, I don't know how I would ever force myself... I don't know much about rugby, except that some of my teammates have decided that when it's AF off-season, they go play rugby to stay reasonably fit.
I don't know much about american football either, but I like to just imagine one is Knights in full plates running into each other while the other one is Barbarians wearing naught but their impotent rage and a leather cap.
I guess if it wasn't for American Football you'd either find other ways to be fit and happy. Or you'd be fat and happy, I mean, both are valid options for an ESFP. As long as we're happy. :tongue:

PS: To get back on topic, I don't think this one has been named before;
I'm an ESFP on the internet, frequenting personality boards and I don't mind being an ESFP! Being okay with being an ESFP goes against the grain, right? :tongue:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
PS: To get back on topic, I don't think this one has been named before;
I'm an ESFP on the internet, frequenting personality boards and I don't mind being an ESFP! Being okay with being an ESFP goes against the grain, right? :tongue:
Well, I hope not! I like being an ESFP. I don't like the rep we're getting, but I do like being an ESFP.

I don't know much about american football either, but I like to just imagine one is Knights in full plates running into each other while the other one is Barbarians wearing naught but their impotent rage and a leather cap.
Most people do. Until they try both sports. Those who have played both say they come down to being either equal, or rugby needing people to be slightly more fit in the sense, that you have to have a better conditioned heart, and AF to be significantly more painful. As I said, our girls do rugby in the offseason, not to get sloppy while there is no AF.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm not very active. I would like to be but I blame external things. Instead I spend almost all my time infront of the computer. I feel like I'm half awake just going through the motions. I suck at getting new input. I'd probably look more like an ESFP if I got out into the world more.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
You're a 5?? You're like a walking talking contradiction. Like, how did you realize that you were a five, or that you were an ESFP, whichever came first?
I realized I was an ESFP first. After I got more involved in the Myers Briggs community I realized that a lot of the ESFP stereotypes didn't fit. So I started questioning if I was an ESFP. However, none of the other types fit as well and people kept typing me as an ESFP. Then someone introduced me to the enneagram types, I took a test, and came out 5w6. I read the type description for 5 and related very heavily to it. After reading about 4 and 6 I figured 4 was more of my wing type than six. I'm still figuring out how they both work together, but as far as I can tell ESFP is how I act and 5w4 is how I think. Don't quote me on that though because I am still not sure.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm still figuring out how they both work together, but as far as I can tell ESFP is how I act and 5w4 is how I think. Don't quote me on that though because I am still not sure.
I will quote you, out of spite:tongue:

MBTI is your cognitive processes, or how. Enneagram is your motivation, or your why.

MBTI is innate, and Enneagram type develops in childhood, and is the result of what you lacked, or the negative experiences and type of negative experiences you have had as a child. And because certain MBTI types tend to see a world one way, and prioritize a certain type of judgment, they are more likely to have some Enneagram types, rather than others. However, the circumstances and experiences can lead to unusual combinations. There are correlations between MBTI and Enneagram types, but there is no direct causality.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I will quote you, out of spite:tongue:
XD is that retaliation for me making you check the selfie thread for no reason?

MBTI is your cognitive processes, or how. Enneagram is your motivation, or your why.

MBTI is innate, and Enneagram type develops in childhood, and is the result of what you lacked, or the negative experiences and type of negative experiences you have had as a child. And because certain MBTI types tend to see a world one way, and prioritize a certain type of judgment, they are more likely to have some Enneagram types, rather than others. However, the circumstances and experiences can lead to unusual combinations. There are correlations between MBTI and Enneagram types, but there is no direct causality.
Ah, this makes a lot of sense! I'ma need to write this down somewhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I realized I was an ESFP first. After I got more involved in the Myers Briggs community I realized that a lot of the ESFP stereotypes didn't fit. So I started questioning if I was an ESFP. However, none of the other types fit as well and people kept typing me as an ESFP. Then someone introduced me to the enneagram types, I took a test, and came out 5w6. I read the type description for 5 and related very heavily to it. After reading about 4 and 6 I figured 4 was more of my wing type than six. I'm still figuring out how they both work together, but as far as I can tell ESFP is how I act and 5w4 is how I think. Don't quote me on that though because I am still not sure.
Im a ESFP with a 3w2, but I know for sure that im an ESFP because I loved being in choir and performing for people!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Im a ESFP with a 3w2, but I know for sure that im an ESFP because I loved being in choir and performing for people!
Haha noice! For me it's because people keep typing me as ESFP. Although, I do share your enthusiasm for the spotlight. The largest crowed that I've been able to perform for was on the upside of 250. One of these days though...

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,893 Posts

None of those are psychology yet, enneagram having even less chances. What if I told you to don't get to caught up in all those theories and notice patters/yourself/behaviour by yourself?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
None of those are psychology yet, enneagram having even less chances. What if I told you to don't get to caught up in all those theories and notice patters/yourself/behaviour by yourself?
While it is great to pick up on the patterns by yourself things like Myers Briggs and Enneagram types give us a common language to discuss our observations. They give us names to associate with different tendencies and psychological profiles. So while it is important to do your own learning through your own observations, learning these typologies is also beneficial because it provides you with a language (way to communicate your observations) and a community (everyone else and their observations). It is a much faster way of learning than doing it alone, and can help you check for accuracy in your findings.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,893 Posts
While it is great to pick up on the patterns by yourself things like Myers Briggs and Enneagram types give us a common language to discuss our observations. They give us names to associate with different tendencies and psychological profiles. So while it is important to do your own learning through your own observations, learning these typologies is also beneficial because it provides you with a language (way to communicate your observations) and a community (everyone else and their observations). It is a much faster way of learning than doing it alone, and can help you check for accuracy in your findings.
Are you sure? I think that psychology is more popular than just only two theories derived from it.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts