Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad, tired, and resigned and resentful about having to get lab work done (G.P. has asked for it at least three times, and I'm finally going to get it done tomorrow, drinking plenty of fluids today, then water only until the blood work is done); a few days from now it's my 90 day meeting with the G.P. for meds.

I hate these required medical visits, because

1) It's all about covering their asses, e.g. doctor spends most of his time not making eye contact, looking solely for whether or not I am 'functioning' according to a strict medical model idea of what that means, and keying away on his lap top with his back to me.

2) He's moody, and I often am the last patient of the day as my husband commutes 90 miles a day for work, so we get to the medical building around 4:30 p.m. and the doctor is tapped out.

3) I have to be careful not to reveal any information that will trigger his worry about being held accountable for not sending me off for tests, procedures, or changing my medication, so I let my husband do most of the talking.

4) The doctor is a professed Christian; what I call a member of "The Jesus Club" so he ends my medical session with a perfunctory, "May I pray for you?" much like smokers used to say--before smoking became unpopular, "Mind if I smoke?" assuming it's OK and just doing it, "Dearrrr Heavenly Father, I thank you that Karolyn is doing well and for your many blessings and watching out for her..." et cetera et cetera ad nauseum.

I'll be glad to have it out of the way for another 90 days. Gotta keep my eye on the prize. (Insert eye roll here.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts