Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Are Your Cognitive Functions Reacting to the Site Change?

With my Fi being first, I feel very betrayed right now. I hope things can get better, but right now, this site change is throwing my being off. I'm curious about how other cognitive functions are processing the change.

·
Registered
ISFP 2w1 (9w1 7w6) sp/so
36 Posts
My Fi doesn't like it because the user profile disappeared and with it the type indications next to posts
My Se doens't like it because I find it unpractical (when i'm on main page I want to see all the forums, I don't need you to shove the INXX forums in my face) and I don't find it much prettier either.
My Te inf is irritated because my latest post needs to be reviewed and idk if that's new but I'm not patient and I don't like it :cautious:

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,953 Posts
Si-Te: So you have chosen death
Ni-Te: Look at those noobs unable to cope with some changes
Se: Imma head out
Ne-Fi: :sparkly eyes: so you can uploadz pikturez!!!
Ti-Ne: Get off my lawn, you punk!
Ti-Se: Omae wa mou shindeiru
Ti: Shall we DDoS it?
Fi: Internet archive is my new sempai :(
Slav: Vadim, blyat!
Aliens: Ha ha ha, stupid humans :D

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,939 Posts
Ni / Ti :

Fe:
I feel everyone's pain..... but.... must remain calm and civilized.... 🙃 eye twitches

Se: Why are the avatars smaller? things are not centered... The signatures are kinda weird... where's my cool sig gif gone off to... ? Why are people's details missing? wait where's the notifications at? This site is now whiter than my small country town, etc etc The site header is pretty nice though.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
Te: Runs smoother and is more streamlined, however at the price of removed features. But why didn't they get user feedback first on what people wanted and then implement the changes.
Si: Things look vastly different, and I'm not a fan of the new style.
Ne: Is this change for the better or change for the worse?
Fi: This now looks like a generic message board, lacking personality and flair.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,841 Posts
Ne: Exploring these changes to the site - trying to gather as many things I like about it as possible.
Ti: Is this functional given my needs/expectations for going on this site?
Fe: Other people are probably really annoyed by these changes.
Si: Nothing is the same anymore :-(

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Works for me.

Ne: Exploring these changes to the site - trying to gather as many things I like about it as possible.
Ti: Is this functional given my needs/expectations for going on this site?
Similarly here. Look, a t-rex! 🦖

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ni - how will it make insightful projections and easily analyse people without the member info on their psychological types from now on? Most fulfilling functionality of PerC is gone, is there any meaning left in participating? PerC no longer seems special.

Fe - trying to hold the disappointment in and find the positives (emojis!), playing nice and thinking it'll adapt. Hoping it won't call a guy "she" or a girl "he" because no more gender indicators. Being on alert not to offend anyone unknowingly! Walking on eggshells.o_O

Ti - needs to start from scratch making sense out of this forum and its messy and vague new layout. Also it misses the old structure and ability to edit the member signature and extra info sections to a tee. Meh.

Se - Right, let me try this... 🌸 Bambi steps 🌸

·
Registered
899 Posts
Se-dom I didn't give it much thought. I poked around a little but it's essentially the same site looking a little different. I like that it is loading FASTER!

I'll admit, I really like faster!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ni dom: a new world of laws to learn. Don't mind that.

Fe aux: most people seek bothered which is unfortunate. I also don't like the INxx forums being shoved down our throats.

Overall I don't mind it. If I had been as regular user as I used to I might be bothered by the new routine and functionality (Jness). As is, it's whatever. Websites change all the time.

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
Se: So you have chosen to have a pop up that links to FB & Google like most other modern day apps (Seems late to the game but ok, I get it, save the Forum with new format that attaches more users outside the few hundred regulars left.)

Ti: This is an organizational eye sore with more channels now to go through. So I click to the right tab to get access to the same shit which used to be. Again goes with the whole sell out Se thing to appeal in marketing. They basically made what used to be the forums entire front page a sub section. I'm sure to add more clicks per site per ads/trafficking, and to appeal to the more novice mbti entry people who end up routed to the site. But when you now click into sub sections the set up is less aesthetically appealing.

Fe: Hmm I mean I guess if this is their idea of revamping the site to adjust from uncertain death. But maybe the owners should take a closer look at how biased a few of their mods can be in the inner circles they run and the statements they make to users where they can direct bias'. Shrugs but okay lets see if this goes well. I would think they could have added the tab prompt for FB & Google users and possibly even had the different cover page without having to change the user friendliness set up they had that was a win.

Ni: My cynicism is high on if this will just tank the entire site. But observing traffic the last year and a half when mods shifted and ownership well. It seems like they took what was working with the site and changed it, rather than just applying new changes which would help add. Shrugs not my business. But aren't businesses supposed to want to appeal to what works with their primary service users while growing. Anyways I think the campaign will draw in a new crowd possibly a bit. But it did not need to be done in this way. It will add volume of traffic but unlikely to be long term users in many cases.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,652 Posts
I'm not sure how the individual cognitive functions react, but I will say my personal view, me being an ENTJ

Mmmm... I like the dark theme, it's easier on the eyes, but there are things I dislike: I can't see all the types and other information that was on the left side. I liked having that. Also, I don't like the fact that the signatures are now hidden. Might as well renounce it altogether. Yes, there is the show full signature option, but I wanted to see it by default. Also, I don't like that the avatars are smaller. Now, I'll have to change it because it doesn't look as good as it did in a larger format.

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
934 Posts
I'm jumping between:

- I hate it. Why did they have to change it. I knew exactly how to navigate the old site quickly and efficiently.
and
- I'm sure it will grow on me. I'll get used to it. I've gone through site changes before and know that this will pass.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
With all the smaller devices, the changes were inevitable.
This current interface is far better than the mobile interface offered before.

My functions roll with changes when it comes to computers. I've been operating them since 1989.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not much, although, at first I believed I typed in the wrong internet address "...hmm, is this really the personality forum?... " and also, in my younger days I would probably be much more annoyed, "why change something that already works?..."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts