Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I was just curious. How are your all's reltionships on average. (Of course I have my own presumptions, but I wanted to hear it from you) If you haven't already read previous threads, the only ISTJ I know is my current boyfriend, and while I am aboslutely positive he is an ISTJ, I would like to see if his past reflects the same as others, like his self. If you are married what was it like before marriage. The "dating scene"

Long Term, Short Term?

Any patterns with dating?

Whose fault is it usually if the Relationship goes south? (Break Up)

What is the typical 'reason' for problems or issues in the relationship, that ultimately leads to the break up?

Reactions: niss and Wake

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
To me relationships are not something to be taken lightly. Get into one and stay there as we see it as our likely future SO.

Patterns... Don't have to find a new SO too often? Hope thats what you were looking for.

I blamed myself for not making the right moves at the right times. Second guessing ourselves and our approach is something I've heard ISTJ's do quite often, and I do myself. We are very compromising and not necessarily hostile when problems come up. I would imagine like most people we blame others, but more for not cooperating with our efforts to keep the relationship going than genuine hatred. Thats just generally speaking, as relationships can be complicated and all differ.

I would guess ISTJ's don't make a strong enough feeling connection with their SO to keep them satisfied, and end up being left for that reason. Other top reasons I would guess would be control, or rigidity. The more insecure we are with ourselves the more all of these are more likely to happen.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Long-term, definitely. Otherwise I wouldn't get into them in the first place. We don't play around.

Previously dated an INTP, now dating an INTJ. You can read my post here for more information.

The rest is as Wake stated above.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I was just curious. How are your all's reltionships on average. (Of course I have my own presumptions, but I wanted to hear it from you) If you haven't already read previous threads, the only ISTJ I know is my current boyfriend, and while I am aboslutely positive he is an ISTJ, I would like to see if his past reflects the same as others, like his self. If you are married what was it like before marriage. The "dating scene"

Long Term, Short Term?

Any patterns with dating?

Whose fault is it usually if the Relationship goes south? (Break Up)

What is the typical 'reason' for problems or issues in the relationship, that ultimately leads to the break up?
Although, you did not specify, it would appear that you are interested in our relationships with significant others. I will answer in that context.

Long term.

Tended to be serial relationships, rather than concurrent relationships.

The other person almost always ended the relationship.

Growing apart, different values, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answers. I was genuinely interested. Really just comparing myself and relationship; as well as, learning more and more about you all!

Reactions: Wake and niss
1 - 5 of 5 Posts