Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How 'bout your dad, eh?

"Do you remember when we were in kindergarten? We did so many crazy things... why did we ever stop?"

"I don't know about you, but the real world happened to me."

"The real world? How did the real world happen to you?"

"I suppose I just realized one day that I needed to take responsability for the things I did... Why do you even care to ask about this"?

"I'm interested in it. You know I myself, am a mystery to me. So you can just imagine how much of a mystery you are to me."

"There's not much mystical about me, just ask me and I will tell."

"You're wrong, but I'll bite: How was your relationship with your dad?"

"Pretty ordinary I suppose. He was sort of a stranger to me for the first 10 years of mine, then I started connecting better with him and after a few years, he died."

"That's just an overview. That's not your relationship to your dad."

"I don't know how to answer it differently."

"See! That's your problem, you don't even understand yourself. I bet that if I were given a few minutes, I could dig something out of you that you didn't even know yourself!"

"It's on! Do your worst!"

"Alright, lets keep the subject about your father... How did you feel about him when he died?"

"I think like most people, I was pretty sad... But eventually I got better."

"You're answering it wrong. You're trying to find the right things to say without saying anything about yourself or your father."

"How do you figure I'll answer differently?"

"Well, me asking questions like this probably isn't gonna do the trick. You have a system that attempts to secure yourself against thinking openly about the subject. So we'll have to find a way around that. OK, how about this: Always carry the thought about your dad in your mind, and when I say a word, you say the first thing that comes to mind. Sounds good?"

"Sure. Sounds like a sort of lame exercise for freshman psychology students or something, but why not."

"Okay... Your mom"

"Conflict"

"Work"

"Everywhere"

"Compassion"

"I don't know what to answer there."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I get a sort of melancoly feeling in my head, but no word really pops into my head..."

"I think we found a way in through your defence... Describe exactly what you feel about your dad and how compassion relates to him"

"I don't know *gulp* It's like There was more than enough, but still too little. It doesn't make sense..."

"That's the thing. It isn't supposed to make sense... is there any memory playing in your head now?

"Well, there is this one where I was like 5 years old, and for some reason unknown to me I was going to bed and out of nowhere I went up to him and hugged him. I think it was the first time I ever did that. I still don't know why I did that, but when I look at it in retrospect it seemed almost as if it weren't me who did that, but I was obsessed by a ghost or something."

"What do you make of it? I mean, does it make your understanding of your relationship with your dad any different than before?"

"No... Yeah... I mean no it doesn't make my understanding of it different, but I'm seeing things in a slightly different light than before... Listen, I don't want to be rude or anything, but I'm starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable, could we talk about something else?"

"Yeah, I suppose you have some things you need to think through... Hey, what do you think about Jessica, I'm getting a boner by just thinking about her...!"

"She's really filling out her curves, yeah.... And her face isn't all that bad either!"

And that's how it goes...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know if i feel like talking about my dad...

but yeah.. the ending really caught me by surprise! :tongue:
Yeah... I'm a sucker for making twists in the endings of every story I write. I guess I am the bastard child of M. Night Shyamalan :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts