Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some truthful, direct responses. some debate or whatever. I have been working with 6s and I have not gotten anything good. either emotional attacks or aggressive I will tell you what to do type of thing.

I am 836 sx/so and ESTJ. 8w7 3w2 and 6w7. I have a friend of my sisters who's a 648 or 6 may be second on her tritype, but it still comes out. but she's probably 6 and she's sx/sp and INFp. she conflicts badly with me, she's counterphobic. My father is 631 and probably sp/so and ESTP My father and I get on and off moments more yes we get along but also there's tons of conflicts. I try to be myself, as 8s goes as usual, there isn't much pretenses. They don't like my communication style, which most other people I tend to be with have no issues with. I've never gotten on with 6s well. I have a former boyfriend who's 612 he's probably so/sx and we don't truly get along but out of the 3 people, James and I have the best relationship. I also don't go out of my way to please people, or put on a mask and do things especially conducive to the environment. I get called rude, when most other types think I am fine. I don't go out of my way to be sensitive or please people. I don't do this especially if you are rude to me and emotionally act out against me and stuff. I am sorry if my no pretenses style doesn't work but I am not going to pretend, especially if you are going to treat me badly. When I am frustrated an angry I am, and especially with the people who irritates me as such. then I irritate them back. So essentially personality clashes. I would like to know how I can bridge the gap or make them understand or if possible be able to accept me for me. No, I am not emotionally sensitive. I am also efficiency based. Everything I say rationally they react emotionally, aggressively too, they take everything personally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This isn't about type this is about health. This isn't an 8/6 issue it's an issue for those involved. If you are doing your work to move toward the 2 in health and get more vulnerable than you won't have these issues. 8 isn't a permission slip. It's a call to realize what is in you that will most commonly cause relational issues. It doesn't matter if you aren't emotionally sensitive, it matters if you can honor the journey of another who is and meet them where they are. That is the call to the 8. To realize how to meet others where they are. That's the call to maturity. You can get along with any type and have conflict with any type. That's more an issue of maturity than type. It's a lesson this particular 8 has struggled years to figure out. Just cause they are different than you doesn't make them less than you. 8s have a tendency to try and make the world into their image. It's one of our biggest faults and we loose a lot if we continue to far on that path.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Between your post, the left hand panel, and your signature, I am very confused about your type lol.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I also don't go out of my way to please people, or put on a mask and do things especially conducive to the environment. I get called rude, when most other types think I am fine. I don't go out of my way to be sensitive or please people. I don't do this especially if you are rude to me and emotionally act out against me and stuff. I am sorry if my no pretenses style doesn't work but I am not going to pretend, especially if you are going to treat me badly. When I am frustrated an angry I am, and especially with the people who irritates me as such. then I irritate them back. So essentially personality clashes. I would like to know how I can bridge the gap or make them understand or if possible be able to accept me for me. No, I am not emotionally sensitive. I am also efficiency based. Everything I say rationally they react emotionally, aggressively too, they take everything personally.
You wanted direct, so here goes.

If you don't go out of your way to please people, then why are you on the internet, asking random strangers how to do precisely that? If you truly don't care, then stop hedging your bets like this and live it. Own it. You are who you are, and anyone who doesn't like that can fuck right off.

You are overcomplicating this. When you can't stand how someone is or they can't stand how you are, cut off contact altogether if you can, and minimize it if you can't. Their type, your type, your parents type, the type of your mate, former mates, friends, siblings, and so on is about as relevant as whether or not the moon is made of green cheese, or the price of tea in China, or how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Sometimes, I think that's the great curse of "civilized" life. When something in our life is poison to us, we sit there and navel-gaze about it, when we should be actively getting the hell away from it ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts