Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I never realized how frustrating INFP's pokerfaces are when trying to form a connection.
Now I like a guy who is an INFP and I can't tell if he's interested in being more than friends. He's relatively at ease with me and does ask questions as well as tell me some things about himself. We don't get to talk very often though and I'm usually the one who approaches him. I have however noticed him being supportive or assuring of certain characteristics of mine that I've mentioned being insecure about. He does make eye contact as well but sometimes he seems very calm (he's a 9) so I have no idea.
I would try making more obvious advances (note that INFP advances are never so), I'm pretty close to his best friend and I'm afraid hitting on him would just make things awkward.
I have no idea how to go about this.
How can I get a better idea if he likes me?
Help meeeee

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
But you are INFP too right, so maybe you should ask yourself how you become when you like someone. However, most of INFPs are polite, friendly, and nice so it's hard to tell it.

In my opinion, it is caring. If he shows you a lot his caring side, I think it's positive. As for me, I am too shy to ask him about something even though I want to know more about him, so I rarely ask something when I like someone. But I definitely show my caring side more than to someone who "just friend". How about sharing something that he likes? I think it's good sign too.

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Banned
2,266 Posts
I swear I never realized how frustrating INFP's pokerfaces are when trying to form a connection.
Now I like a guy who is an INFP and I can't tell if he's interested in being more than friends. He's relatively at ease with me and does ask questions as well as tell me some things about himself. We don't get to talk very often though and I'm usually the one who approaches him. I have however noticed him being supportive or assuring of certain characteristics of mine that I've mentioned being insecure about. He does make eye contact as well but sometimes he seems very calm (he's a 9) so I have no idea.
I would try making more obvious advances (note that INFP advances are never so), I'm pretty close to his best friend and I'm afraid hitting on him would just make things awkward.
I have no idea how to go about this.
How can I get a better idea if he likes me?
Help meeeee
I had an experience with this. I met an INFP guy. I thought I was in love with him. It turns out I was just in love with myself So I ditched him and just decided to love myself.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well, from my experience as an INFP guy, I'd say the best way of judging if he likes you or not is how much he wants to talk to you when he doesn't necessarily have to, but could anyway. Of course this isn't foolproof, just that I find I naturally make more time/find more opportunities to talk to people I like than might be strictly "naturally occurring." Hope that helps :)

·
Banned
660 Posts
Not a dude but look at time, how much time does he want to spend with you? And compare that to your own data of how much time you wanna spend with someone you like. Also if you can you could compare it to how much time he spends with people he likes (friends,fam,etc.)
If he finds time to send you simple messages most days. Also maybe if he's willing to spend some of his time doing things you like but not something he necessarily likes.

Eh idk I find it easy to tell from body language and the way they look at you +time if an INFP guy likes you. Idk if it's cause I am an INFP and I understand myself pretty well or what but they are much easier than some other types...:tongue:

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Well, if he has low self esteem and low self assurance with interacting in a romantically interested way, then he might do like I did in high school and awkwardly and creepily stare at you all the time. :blushed:

EDIT: Oooh, and there's doting.

Reactions: attic

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Pass him a note. "Do you like, like me? Yes or No. -mr.greendots"

·
4,976 Posts
Or ask your common friend? Or if you can find the courage, court him?

I think unless he is woeing you, most things could be either friendly interest or romantic such. I for example can stutter or blush or even steal glances when I think they don't see, around possibly prospective friends, ask more questions as I am curious (or become more quiet because more cautious, depending), try to be extra kind and helpful etc. I might act similarly if infatuated, but more likely either avoid the person as much as I could, or eventually vomit some really awkward declaration of love similar to what Thread killer wrote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts