Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres this person INXX im rly not sure if shes NF or NT it bugs me so much. so i can never tell if she rly doesnt like me or thats just the way she is orrrr she acts like she doesnt like me wen she rly does (i do that). im always overly friendly towards her and she always reacts as if she doesnt care either which way.. kind of cold, in my opinion. so i dont know if i should keep on being friendly or if its to smothering for her and shes actually annoyed with me! im very confused!

·
Registered
152 Posts
She sounds very much like the way I think I seem to other people - when people who I'm not very good friends with are friendly to me and try to start a conversation, I can't help but give a short monosyllabic answer, and hence the conversation is killed while my brain panics as I try and think of something else to say to keep it going. It really annoys me that I do that - it's like I'm automatically programmed to be a cold/boring/robotic individual.
When you say "she acts like she doesnt like me wen she rly does", do you mean 'like' in a 'more than friendship way'? Because I do that as well. Again, not intentional, and it's damn frustrating x_x

I'm an INTJ.
However just because we have that in common doesn't mean that she is in INTJ too. A person of any type can appear cold/distant, depending on what mood they are in or what's going on in their lives or if they've got something else to worry about. I'd say just keep being yourself and keep talking to her if you feel that way inclined ^_^

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I'd say just keep being yourself and keep talking to her if you feel that way inclined ^_^
Yeah, what she said. Be yourself firstly, being overly friendly sounds like... "overly", i.e., too much, lol. Maybe just give it some time. If it is really that important for you to know that person... Then why not ask? ^^

·
Registered
115 Posts
She sounds very much like the way I think I seem to other people - when people who I'm not very good friends with are friendly to me and try to start a conversation, I can't help but give a short monosyllabic answer, and hence the conversation is killed while my brain panics as I try and think of something else to say to keep it going. It really annoys me that I do that - it's like I'm automatically programmed to be a cold/boring/robotic individual.
When you say "she acts like she doesnt like me wen she rly does", do you mean 'like' in a 'more than friendship way'? Because I do that as well. Again, not intentional, and it's damn frustrating x_x

I'm an INTJ.
However just because we have that in common doesn't mean that she is in INTJ too. A person of any type can appear cold/distant, depending on what mood they are in or what's going on in their lives or if they've got something else to worry about. I'd say just keep being yourself and keep talking to her if you feel that way inclined ^_^
INTJs are cool! Uh...um...off topic....sorry

Reactions: hydrogen

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree - keep acting the way you do. Do not be overly friendly with her anymore though, if she actually cares about you in any kind of way, she will notice the difference in your behavior and act on it. And there can be lots of reasons why she's acting like that XD Maybe she is just shy and does not feel very comfortable around you yet or maybe she just doesn't really care enough. That's why I advised you to change your attitude towards her and see if it stirs the water up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts