Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
There will always be self doubt. It's merely evaluating the possibility that you could fail, which is almost always possible.

The key for me, is to keep trucking forward. Just straight up plow through it. I now view discomfort and failure as an opportunity for personal growth. Learn from it and move forward. Failure does not necessarily mean your journey is over.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The most efficient way to remove self-doubt is to stop doubting yourself so much.
Faith and trust, *****.

·
Registered
302 Posts
There will always be self doubt. It's merely evaluating the possibility that you could fail, which is almost always possible.

The key for me, is to keep trucking forward. Just straight up plow through it. I now view discomfort and failure as an opportunity for personal growth. Learn from it and move forward. Failure does not necessarily mean your journey is over.
I think you are right on the mark to view discomfort as an invitation for growth.
And actually, we can erase the concept of "failure" completely if we want to.

Failures does not exist for me anymore. All that happens was supposed to happen.
Question is, what do I do with the feedback?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Just do whatever you want to do. Everytime you fail, you add experiences to you persona that will make you stronger. Speculating all possible things that could go wrong is a pit I've fallen into many times, but that is all it is. Speculation. It will not give you experience, which means it will not make you grow. That doesn't mean you should be reckless, but just doing it can be a great benefit in the future.

·
Registered
302 Posts
But how do you do that?
Well I think lack of confidence in a area relate to feeling weak in that area.
Speaking bodily/emotionally/intellectually, countering friction builds strength, and this converts into power and control.
Building on all three convert into self-strength, self-power, self-control.

If I want to grow I accept challenges that are one or more steps more "difficult" than the challenge I previously overcame.
If I fall short first I go at it again, with new feedback, until I have learned to get through it.

All results that don't literally kill me too early are results of feedback, and here really are no failures.
If I start to interpret something as a failure, or possible failure, I gently direct my mind back to the realization that it is feedback.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've kind of nurtured this odd sort of confidence by cracking sort of egotistical, self congratulatory jokes every now and then. The more you say it the more you start to believe it, plus no one cares because they already think you're some kind of inter dimensional being, beyond ego.
at least in my experience

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I don't know, I deal with this everyday. I don't really believe that I'm good enough sometimes. I feel annoying, gross, unintelligent, evil... Why am I writing this, it's just making me feel bad. :(

I guess what works for me is to just realize the times where do DO feel good about yourself, and try to hold on to that for a long as possible. Just get to know the feeling and try to internalize it. I'm not quite sure how I started doing that, but I feel like as I got emotional maturity and self-knowledge and I started to track and keep note of how I felt, I got better. Knowing HOW you feel at any given moment can really help. It's not as redundant as I used to think. We, as humans, are emotional creatures. We can't escape that, no matter how much our mind wants us to avoid it. To understand your emotions, for me, is to understand everything. Because you can feel differently with some training of the mind. Anything that is bothering you, you can turn it into something else that is more productive ad makes more sense for your mental health.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.