Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am mainly asking this because I notice that it is very common for celebrities to be given very contradictory typings online. One website might say Obama is an ENTP, while anther might say he's INFJ. Or one may say Jackie Chan is an ESFP and another may say ENFP. I really like it when things stay consistent, so I don't like how there is so much contradictory information out there. I mean, some typings do stay pretty consistent across sites, like Oprah Winfrey, I feel like every one agrees that she is ENFJ. But for most people, this doesn't seem to be the case. I would guess that these sites would be made by people that are professionally certified, but maybe not.

So do you guys think that anyone could ever really be sure if they are typing celebrities accurately. It took a while for me to realize I was INTJ, I remember, because of all of this seemingly contradictory information out there. This is mainly a thread to start a discussion. I'm just really curious about what other people think about this.

·
Registered
ISTP
1,208 Posts
I really like it when things stay consistent, so I don't like how there is so much contradictory information out there.
:biggrin:
My answer is you can't, you therefore shouldn't try, and there's nothing wrong with this situation either.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So do you guys think that anyone could ever really be sure if they are typing celebrities accurately.
I think typing is only accurate/effective when someone has a good solid understanding of the cognitive functions. Frequently though, this is not the case. Plus, only the subject can be dead certain about their type... and only if they're not biased. We all put on acts to some degree, especially when you're talking about celebrities.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Short answer: You cannot ever be sure.

I think its a sign of deeper wisdom and intelligence to always introduce a significant amount of volatility and room-for-error in your typing. Adjust your typing as you get more and more knowledge of a person. But you probably already know this.

As for Celebrity Types: I disagree with quite a lot of their typings. E.g:
- Barack Obama: Typed ENTP, I think there is significant evidence of him being an ENFJ (and many agree with me on this one)
- Carl Jung: Typed INFJ, even though there are videos on Youtube where Carl Jung types himself as INT (likely INTP rather than INTJ in my opinion) - Reading Carl Jungs books, he definitely comes across as a Ti-dominant type to me.
- Martin Luther King: Typed ENFJ, he is totally an INFJ (the mistyping of black celebrities irritate me quite a lot as a black person myself - black people are more outspoken in general, doesn't make every famous black person an extraverted type...)
- Vladimir Putin: Typed ISTP, I think he is almost a stereotypical INTJ (no, pictures of him riding doesn't make him Se auxiliary)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts