Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The phenomenon of a 6w7 impersonating a 7w6 seems to be very common in comedy and the music industry. So any tips on how to tell if someone is genuinely a 7w6 or a 6w7 posing as a 7w6?

·
Registered
62 Posts
@typethisperson
I agree with you that it seems common in the entertainment industry that 6w7s can try to portray a 7w6-like personality.

I would say that the easiest way to tell the difference is actually to see personal interviews because you'll be able to more clearly see a person's natural self. Truth and honesty are especially important to type 6s and I believe healthy ones will be more conscious of their fears and the ways they may compensate for self-doubt. I think there's a pretty big trend of trying to hide fear, but after successfully overcoming the difficulty, a 6 will express the struggle - it's always much easier to talk about fears/insecurities after the fact rather than in the moment.

Other than that, I think 6w7s, as 6s on a fundamental level, will show signs of attachment types - being tied to people, objects... fixating upon some sort of concrete/external thing that validates their existence, what they value, what they aspire to be or have.

I also think that 6s, being 6s tend to give off signals that they are overthinking. Even if there is an ability to come off as more relaxed, there tends to be underlying hypervigilance, awareness and attention and sensitivity to details that may reveal someone or something's true colors. Always preparing for the unexpected, in a very systematic/subconscious way.

Hope that helps. I used to think I had a 7w6 fix, but turns out I'm core 6w7, and these are the things that stand out. I'm super gregarious and outgoing and I know that off the bat, people often get the impression that I must have a lot of confidence to say and do the things I do, but there is definitely a massively neurotic quality to my actions. I can backtrack at the drop of the hat but try to make it come off as funny, but seriously, if you just dig a tiny bit deeper, it's extremely easy to see that I'm quite accommodating and agreeable and adapting in order to protect myself.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I tend to go by triads.

6: Compliant/superego, reactive, attachment
7: Assertive/id, positive, frustration

Generally speaking... They both may be indecisive (dem 7+9 fixes, bro), but 7s are quicker to get things done or decide on what should be done. A 6 will lash out or, well, react more than a 7, whereas a 7 will brush off a lot more. And as noted, 7s are more "distant" while seeming friendly, whereas 6s can seem "friendly" but be distant.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Eh, I wouldnt say they're pretending. The two types are pretty similar. They have the same 2 enneagram types, one is just more dominant. Even then 6s regardless of wing are pretty witty and gregarious like 7s. Ime 6s take themselves more seriously, are less carefree and more anxious. And 7s will be more optimistic and scattered and more easily bored.

·
Banned
898 Posts
Yeah, you can. I've met at least a couple of 6's I assumed were 7's when I first met them. What I noticed with one in particular is that they seemed to want me to approach them, they came off so...laid-back and gregarious and silly. But when I did they just seemed...shaken, like I was a dragon or something. Whereas to be honest, I had a 7w6 stalker for years (sorry for dark example) and he was...just as gregarious the closer he got, like I could feel his gluttony trying to get more and more from me, physically. I guess I'm trying to say, the closer I've gotten to a 6 the more the fear presented itself; the closer I was to a 7, the more I could feel the gluttony. Also...listen for what they say. 6's will sometimes say things stereotypical to type 6 even if they come off like a 7, such as craving belief or reassurance. If you hear someone say something like, "I want it now"...that's more 7 territory.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
The phenomenon of a 6w7 impersonating a 7w6 seems to be very common in comedy and the music industry. So any tips on how to tell if someone is genuinely a 7w6 or a 6w7 posing as a 7w6?
trying hard to seem
Sixes can be extroverts with an active Fe which produces outward attitude that people expect Sevens to be like.
erm mabye because they're fun and cute?
I am fun and cute. (◉‿◉✿)

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Hadn't consciously realized how common this is

a couple thoughts come to mind based on very little

-6w7s can come off like they're putting on a 7 schtick, so can 7s but 7s can seem absolutely trapped in that schtick, probably super subjective but I worry more about the core 7s when I see a high-octane 7 thing going on, with 6s it can be somehow obvious that that's not the core problem (7's like...the actual alcoholic who can only almost find meaning in life at the strip club, 6 is like college kid who thinks binge drinking and hedonism is cool :D -for an exaggerated vibe of my perception, not actual characterization of types)

-7s come off more metallic and slidy, like a 7 changes course so quickly, 6 has more like...breathing pauses where they're more serious and earnest (though think this also depends on MBTI and so forth)

-6s are reactive, think this comes through, at least the few 7 seeming 6s I know, react to political things in very 6ish way (...not that 7s can't be political, but there's this different vibe to me...I mean anyone who is actively campaigning about specific issue will come off in similar way but in terms of people casually Facebooking their political views for instance, have a 6w7 friend who will do a lot of for example "THIS article about catcalling is why I don't feel safe walking down the street" (not just the safety but the sort-of reference to own experience, now the experience is backed up by some sort of authority, obviously there's also a 'see my fear is rational' and even when 6s don't talk about themselves I think that's something that comes up a lot?) and just don't see this kind of thing from 7s, I'm sure there are some who talk about catcalling or whatever but not in the same way, struggling to explain and don't want to go really long with this but...you get me?

-With 6s think there's a worry that their logic is wrong, not with 7s, also think this comes through a lot of times, in different ways (a lot of 6s get defensive, even the 7ish ones, I notice a lot of 7s will drop arguments quickly if they get bored and 6s can do this too...but they'll definitely key in if they think someone seems like they're proving them wrong

-Not good hard-and-fast rule but I'd say very generally that 6s tend to perceive insults (the world hates me) -and might have myriad of reactions to that including thinking it's funny, trying to turn it around- and 7s tend to perceive compliments (the world loves me...but hurts me anyways)

-^both types can come off as victimized by the world but core 7 downplays it, more of a side thread, and imo 6 tends to feel it's more personal (and often spins humour out of it!)

Other posts on this thread were better but just my personal observations, could be wrong

1 - 12 of 12 Posts