Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ISFPs, this is the first time I come here to ask you a question. I have an ISFP sis who is younger than me. I used to think she was an INTP because she does not like to talk about her emotions, frustrations, worries with me and my mother. I made her take the test and she got "ISFP". She is not very open like me (INFP). I constantly need to vent my frustrations. Once in a while she explodes with anger and she can be rebellious. She can also be more quiet than me but I cannot judge ISFPs the same.

I sometimes have issues connecting with my sis on an emotional level because of this. We do have a lot of similarities but perhaps the age difference makes it a little difficult.

I also noted that you do not have a venting thread which we have and use frequently.

Is it common for you (ISFPS) to keep your feelings to yourself and not be emotionally expressive like INFPs.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to see an ISFP venting thread. :wink::happy:

We're both Fi-doms, so we feel emotions the same ways as you do. I guess we just don't have a venting thread because there's nowhere near as many ISFPs as there are INFPs on this website.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I would love to see an ISFP venting thread. :wink::happy:
I'm not sure if we'd ever use it, I mean none of the SP forums have a venting thread. Either we're just too chilled or we're holding it all in!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if we'd ever use it, I mean none of the SP forums have a venting thread. Either we're just too chilled or we're holding it all in!
That is what I am saying, you just don't like to vent lol. Admit it. :) You do release your frustrations and stress but writing/talking about it is not your preference lol. Us INFP love to whine :).

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
That is what I am saying, you just don't like to vent lol. Admit it. :) You do release your frustrations and stress but writing/talking about it is not your preference lol. Us INFP love to whine :).
Yeah, I guess you're right. We're not quite as vocal as you guys :laughing: I think we prefer a more physical approach to venting...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Perhaps. Venting usually comes from stress. Stress is often solved by cola and chocolate at my end.

There's positive vents too, but you guys don't want to know about my weird passions, do you? About how certain things you don't care about are so awesome, do you? Naah. I mean, I think I could vent about the anime girl in my signature and avatar about how she is deeply under-appreciated, but nah you don't care.

Besides I'm insecure. ^^

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
there are already so many venting threads around, I didn't see the need for another one. Plus, Im an E9, and there's a venting thread in the E9 subforum.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If I need to vent, I stomp around the house when no one is home, whereupon I bellow, and punch door frames, and whatnot. That generally amuses me enough that I start enjoying it, and keep doing it because it is fun, and forget that I was venting...

I don't really see myself ever venting much via words. That would just make me more frustrated!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I don't really see myself ever venting much via words. That would just make me more frustrated!
Yeah, I agree with this. When ever I do actually try to vent through words to someone, which is rare, I can never really express what I'm thinking and feeling, or trying to explain very well(and especially in arguments), and it makes me more frustrated because the other person will poke holes in what i'm saying where the truth is that often I just can't express what I'm feeling verbally. Sometimes after 5 of six times they get where i'm comming form xD or maybe they give up and go with what i'm saying lol!!

exercising or high energy stuff is helpful. I Still get the urge to break things! Good thing the the bat and an unlimited supply of apples in our garden form the tree... It does get enjoyable after a few minutes!

All things considered though, I don't feel the need to vent very often at all. minor conflicts ect are usually given the "whatever, i don't care anymore" after a few hours of thinking about them. I don't dwell on things

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I may be joking around but your responses help me understand my sister better. We have a 7 year difference. She is 18 and I am in my mid-twenties. It is difficult to get along like we were friends, perhaps is because our significant age difference, but sometimes I wish she could be more open and talk to me about her life. If she has a problem to come and talk to me. She doesn't like to listen to my advice. I don't know if its because since I am the oldest I can sometimes take the parent role and she hates being told what to do but I really want to be her friend.

She is going to hang out with me at a concert this weekend which is a surprise because she never wants to spend time with me.

Yeah, I agree with this. When ever I do actually try to vent through words to someone, which is rare, I can never really express what I'm thinking and feeling, or trying to explain very well(and especially in arguments), and it makes me more frustrated because the other person will poke holes in what i'm saying where the truth is that often I just can't express what I'm feeling verbally. Sometimes after 5 of six times they get where i'm comming form xD or maybe they give up and go with what i'm saying lol!!

exercising or high energy stuff is helpful. I Still get the urge to break things! Good thing the the bat and an unlimited supply of apples in our garden form the tree... It does get enjoyable after a few minutes!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts