Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
Because the infp is the most curious type. Not only that but they're interested in pychology and their curious about discovering themselves and this is what this sight is for.

I don't know about nfs in general though.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious in what way? Is it in a natural curiosity? Because I have always had that. Even over the smallest things, though I assumed it had nothing to do with a personality test per se.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think being in one of the smallest percentages represented in the world we INFPs have a basic need to find similar thinking people through the Internets. Also our globalchatter forum went bust a while ago so we need another breeding ground. At least that's the reason why I'm here.

Now I'm off to lurk around other types' conversations. Tee-hee-hee.

·
Registered
287 Posts
iNtuiton makes us naturally interested in abstract ideas and theories (such as typology), while Feeling tends to make us appreciate the capacity for typology to help us understand ourselves and others and how we relate. Plus, we don't like to vent out in the real world so we do it here.

Since Idealists will appear more often than other types on these esoteric websites/forums, there will thus be more Idealist-related threads by simple process of reasoning.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
I don't really think it has anything to do with the natural curiosity of the NFs - at least, not to the extent that others have lent it to. Not only are INFJs and INFPs the top two personality types on this board (with ENFPs following close behind), I believe it has a lot to do with group mentality, with more like-minded people encouraging similar people to join and to contribute. Not only are people naturally curious about themselves (or what ever value happens to be assigned to them), the large amount of one particular type may 'turn off' other types from joining, and instead going onto a forum where there are other similar individuals.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I do wish there were SJ and SP specific forums (that were actually well-populated); I'm really interested in seeing how they tick from their own perspectives.

A lot of anti-S sentiment, I think, is derived from the fact that these forums are so heavily N-oriented.

I think I should also point out that Sensors are more than capable of being naturally curious - they just tend to be curious about different topics/areas in life.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't really think it has anything to do with the natural curiosity of the NFs - at least, not to the extent that others have lent it to. Not only are INFJs and INFPs the top two personality types on this board (with ENFPs following close behind), I believe it has a lot to do with group mentality, with more like-minded people encouraging similar people to join and to contribute. Not only are people naturally curious about themselves (or what ever value happens to be assigned to them), the large amount of one particular type may 'turn off' other types from joining, and instead going onto a forum where there are other similar individuals.
I wouldn't leap to that conclusion. After all, INFPs (for example) are over-represented among therapists and psychologists in general. I think it's at least arguable that NFs are the most likely to be interested in psychological theory (since it's the intersection of the person-oriented and the conceptual), followed closely by the NTs. Plus introverts in general find online forums congenial, since they lets one control the amount and timing of interactions.

There are also more INFPs than INFJs, as well.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Because the infp is the most curious type. Not only that but they're interested in pychology and their curious about discovering themselves and this is what this sight is for.

I don't know about nfs in general though.
Couldn't you say the same about type 5s in general? Then would we have an influx of INFPs, Type 5 INFPs and Type 5s instead?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm pretty curious about stuff but I guess any type more or less is. Indeed there's a whole horde of us here isn't there? :laughing:What I have observed however that this site in introvert dominated. If you're wondering where are the ST's and SJ's well probbably they are on the outside while we whack our keyboards

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think INFPs primarily tend to be enneagram 4s & 9s, followed by 6s. Also a smattering of 5s and 1s and even more rarely 2s. Not saying they can't be other types, but gets pretty sparse after that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
LOL...maybe INFP's have more issues to work out ;)

Or maybe they're just naturally expressive through writing down what it is they're thinking about.

Reactions: cardinalfire

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Because we're obsessed with SELF :tongue:

Aren't most INFPs type 9s?
Most online I've seen claim to be 4s. 9 is supposed to be common also, as mentioned, but I don't see as many online INFPs claiming it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Or maybe they're just naturally expressive through writing down what it is they're thinking about.
This.

I don't want to express myself in my real life out of fear, so I come here to do it, knowing that whatever these people would think, it wouldn't affect my real life.

I feel that I can safely speak out here... If I say something to my mother, I could risk her talking about it to the whole family :p

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Because we're obsessed with SELF :tongue:

Most online I've seen claim to be 4s. 9 is supposed to be common also, as mentioned, but I don't see as many online INFPs claiming it.
When I have taken the MBTI I usually get INFP or ISFP, though I have choosen to keep my options open at the moment. I also have been tested as type four, five and nine. Nine is the one that I get frequently using different versions of the test online, so I have decided to stick with that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A lot of threads are about the INFP, any particular reason why?
The reason that there's more activity on the INFP forum is because INFPs are more accepting and open than other types. They are also more interesting and profound. That pretty much sums it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 23 Posts