Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your type and how competitive are you?
Which functions do you think are related to being competitive?

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
INTP and I'm not competitive at all. I generally find competition awkward, pointless, and loathsome, and I wish other people didn't get caught up in it; I particularly wish they wouldn't assume that I'm participating in the stupid competitions they create in their minds.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Depends what it is.
If it's something I wreck at, I'm competitive AF.
It it's something I don't wreck at, I don't care.
If I try to be competitive at something and suck at it, I just dismiss the whole thing as 'shit'.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Conflict is the salt of life and trough conflict we grow.

I prefer a good rival over a good friend, as a rival shows you your weakness and limits. And if you don't improve, they will destroy you merciless.

If I try to be competitive at something and suck at it, I just dismiss the whole thing as 'shit'.
Interesting, if I get, that I underperform in certain areas, I usually try to prune myself off that weakness by improving myself and not by going away from the problem.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Interesting, if I get, that I underperform in certain areas, I usually try to prune myself off that weakness by improving myself and not by going away from the problem.
Depends what it is, I was referring to 'things' and 'activities' etc, as a whole, with regards to how competitive I am.
I'm not talking about 'certain areas' that I can improve in.
I don't see any need to improve myself at something I think is shit and don't see value in.
I'm not one of those 'if I keep working at it, I'll get better' guys - I'm one of those 'born good at things' guys, and if I suck at something, as far as I'm concerned, it's just shit and not worth my time getting good at.

I could apply this whole thing to the 'sales' industry.
I was in sales for about 7 months. I sucked at it.
I thought, and still think, it's shit.
Sucking didn't motivate me to get better. I don't want those skills. Not something I admire. Not something I want to be good at.
As far as I'm concerned, then, 'sales' 'sucks' and I am decidedly not competitive about it.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
In sports I can be competitive. But it depends on my view on the sport. If I go to the gym I am not competitive at all. I'm just there to become a bit more healthy, but when I actually do a real sport, with/against others, I can be really competitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts