Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
84%

I would've guessed higher. I think the fact that I don't hate art or smart people with good jobs threw me down about 10 percentage points.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
48% cynical. Primarily just my distrust for all things government, and media bias. Love at first sight and soul mates are dumb too. Other than that, I was labeled a "realist"

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
I also got 48%.

I partially agreed with some of those statements but didn't like the wording so I didn't check them lol.

Reactions: this is my username

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I got 28% hoho.

Here are the ones I strongly agree with:

When people brag about their successes, you figure that they're exaggerating or leaving something out - everyone does this, including me. Dunno why we do but we just do. We cut a little from the bottom of our failures and sprinkle that on top of our successes to make us feel better I guess.

You put zero stock in astrology - this should be obvious, hope everyone checked this box!

You don't trust any politicians - I don't trust most politicians.

In your opinion, all news is biased - people are biased, the news is conjured and reported by people, therefore all news is biased. EZPZ

You think that virtually all the money you pay in taxes will be wasted - We wouldn't need taxes if American government had proper bankroll management. Let us all stop giving money to the degenerate who's putting it all on red.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
32%. I'm fully on board with my irrationality, so I wasn't sure how to respond to certain questions. I'm fully aware horoscopes are bullshit (for one thing, they're obviously not even done using the traditional method, not that this would really increase their chances of not being complete bullshit), but I do take some irrational comfort in the sense of control of my own life they give me. So do I put zero stock in them, or not?

Also, when they ask me if if trust any politician... well, I trust some of them, in the sense that a honest politician is one who *stays* bought. Does that mean I *really* trust them? I mean, that's kinda like saying I 'trust' things to fall on my head if I walk under a ladder, y'know?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
36% and @MortimerVonKraus Haha, I was wondering when the fuck did I post here. I thought I was going through memory loss or something for a moment. Fuck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
64%

I don't think knowing facts about reality should really make you a cynic, as long as you don't have a bias towards the negative stuff.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
68%

You're a full blown cynic... and probably even skeptical of these results.
You have your optimistic moments, but most likely, you keep them to yourself.
letters in quotes do not count towards the amount of characters in your post, who knew?

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
64%

I don't think knowing facts about reality should really make you a cynic, as long as you don't have a bias towards the negative stuff.
ROFL

I was thinking up whole new sentences that weren't on there but that I wanted on there just so I could check them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
88% cynism bordering paranoia... silly cynism test always trying to control me.

Reactions: kalias

·
Registered
988 Posts
Took the test three times.

First attempt: 88 percent
Second attempt: 96 percent
Third attempt: 92 percent

Now, is this regression to the mean, or just unconscious manipulation of the results?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
You Are 76% Cynical

You're a full blown cynic... and probably even skeptical of these results.
You have your optimistic moments, but most likely, you keep them to yourself.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
I only got a 44%.

I hated the test, it was far too black and white, and extreme -- enough that even if I "generally agreed" with the statement, i could not pick it because I felt like it was too extreme.

The test told me I was a realist, and that's about right. I'm someone who expects things to pan out a certain way, I feel like I truly "know the score" about things; but I maintain hope for more and strive for more and haven't yet become cynical.

Reactions: kalias
1 - 20 of 38 Posts