Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading "things people say to ENFP's" some one said, "'go to sleep' and 'wake up'"
it got me thinking about how much I need people to keep my schedule for me most of the time... any given day I might ask a friend what I need to do that day, and they might go through the list of things I'm in until I figure out the answer.

"I get by with a little help from my friends.":laughing:

Reactions: Arakeanar

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'm pretty dependant on my parents, but since immigrating I no longer have money or a car so if I want to go anywhere or do anything that isn't within walking distance, I have to ask them or catch a bus.

I usually need help with stuff like filling in complicated forms, tax info, understanding the small print etc. I think thats normal for most 21 year olds though, that stuff takes practise, unless you are a super logical person (which I am not).

I make most of my own decisions though, I'm not super needy or anything, unless I want company lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't depend on people to plan my day, but I depend on people for interaction. I'm okay with going a day or so without new interactions, but any longer than that... I get all depressed and moody. Kinda like I am now, I suppose. Eh.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
As of Adolescence i knew not affectionary satisfaction in relational activity with others..and so of dependence(though inter-dependence is yet of impregnable form as to existence)I may (falsely) do without...however most nonsensical as i too require of man to enable function of "metamorphosis"...(in more than one facility as inherent to that of life.)

·
Registered
248 Posts
As of Adolescence i knew not affectionary satisfaction in relational activity with others..and so of dependence(though inter-dependence is yet of impregnable form as to existence)I may (falsely) do without...however most nonsensical as i too require of man to enable function of "metamorphosis"...(in more than one facility as inherent to that of life.)
I both adore and am fascinated by your extensive vocabulary. It's wonderful and refreshing. Not many people today are able to construct such eloquent sentences. Absolutely beautiful! :)

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,212 Posts
umm...thank you ~blushes~
And, with the parting embrace of a female most lovely, he loses his mojo erstwhile his male humors bleedeth out from his brain(s)...Both of them.

But to the post. I think think there is a big difference between PHYSICAL and EMOTIONAL dependence. With the first, as a student who did two separate stints at University I've needed to rely on mom and dad for a place to live. Both have been supportive, even trying to make a case for their place (they're divorced) while I go to school. Physical dependence is given there, though I purchase almost all my own stuff otherwise including about 75% of my food. Only the lodging and electricity from me using stuff here is provided by them.

Emotional dependence is a different kettle of fish. As a 25 year old ENFP, I'm pretty damn independant emotionally. At the risk of sounding insanely cocky, which isn't the case at all, I'll say that I'm my own favorite person on this world. I'm the most reliable person I know other than my mom, and absolutely the most emotionally stable person I know ever since F.i. and N.e. decided to make love not war many years ago when my parents first split and I needed to make a choice: Pull up my bootstraps and set myself (and God as I am religious) as my compass and find my way...Or turn into a neurotic, hyper-emotional wreck. Hey, the latter was quite tempting!

Though I have no shortage of love and attention on this world, something any ENFP craves, I have no problem containing and excising cancerous relationships from my life, which I hope is the watermark of an ENFP on the right track...As I know we all struggle with negative relationships and I was no exception.

In short: More physically dependent than emotionally, but only a bit physically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts