Personality Cafe banner

How did Kurt Cobain die?

• suicide

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • murdered by Courtney Love (whether directly by her or by someone else)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 6 60.0%
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinker, Feeler, and Judger
64 Posts
I object your honor!
Nirvana's popularity and raw emotions are why the radio stations keep playing songs from Nirvana. The radio stations usually don't play other music from other music bands that have better lyrics, better instrumental beats, and raw emotions altogether because the radio stations usually play watered down music that's meant for the masses only. Nirvana was popular because it had watered down music compared to other music bands that had better music that represented raw emotions, which meant a higher likelihood of success on the radio stations if I'm talking like music business person would. Better music bands that represented raw emotions in their music could have been popular on the radio stations, but they weren't compared to Nirvana. There's a reason why there are people who talk about starving artists.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is why the real music artists who are barely making ends meet put their music on SoundCloud, YouTube, and other platforms because the people who control the radio stations want music to not be too political or too politically incorrect because there are politicians, entrepreneurs, C.E.O.s, snowflakes, and other types of people who put on facades in society. Real music artists are trying to rebel against those types of people, but it's always been a challenge to get authentic music out on the radio stations no matter how much raw emotions the musician has.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is why the real music artists who are barely making ends meet put their music on SoundCloud, YouTube, and other platforms because the people who control the radio stations want music to not be too political or too politically incorrect because there are politicians, entrepreneurs, C.E.O.s, snowflakes, and other types of people who put on facades in society. Real music artists are trying to rebel against those types of people, but it's always been a challenge to get authentic music out on the radio stations no matter how much raw emotions the musician has.
Its worse nowadays than it was in previous decades.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Its worse nowadays than it was in previous decades.
Yeah, but there was abusive patriarchy and abusive racism in the music industry during the time Nirvana was a music band because Mariah Carey was abused in the music industry because she was a female who got abused by people in the music industry who were controlling her music career because they didn't want her music making her sound like a black girl and because her father wasn't a stereotypical white man, so Tommy Mottola was trying to hide Mariah Carey's personal life from the public during the 1990's. After the 1990's is when the radio stations started treating black people and Hispanic people better. Ice Cube had to fight to have his music be known in the 1980's because he was a black man. Queen Latifah had to fight to have her "U.N.I.T.Y." song be known publicly because the music industry was still heavily influenced by abusive patriarchy and abusive racism in the 1990's even after Ice Cube fought to make his music. And then, Mariah Carey had to fight to make her music career be successful. The radio stations were catering to wealthy white people in the 1990's compared to black people because of racism. That's why the black people had to fight to get their music heard on the radio stations during that time no matter how much people say that "it's worse nowadays than it was in previous decades".

·
Registered
INFP, 4, IEI, Ravenpuff
32,310 Posts
Nirvana's popularity and raw emotions are why the radio stations keep playing songs from Nirvana. The radio stations usually don't play other music from other music bands that have better lyrics, better instrumental beats, and raw emotions altogether because the radio stations usually play watered down music that's meant for the masses only. Nirvana was popular because it had watered down music compared to other music bands that had better music that represented raw emotions, which meant a higher likelihood of success on the radio stations if I'm talking like music business person would. Better music bands that represented raw emotions in their music could have been popular on the radio stations, but they weren't compared to Nirvana. There's a reason why there are people who talk about starving artists.
You may think so but I don't agree. You do you. Just because someone out there is selling fantastic apples (according to others taste) don't meen you have to abandon them for oranges if oranges is your favorite. Potato potata. I dont play music for money but for the joy of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Kurt Cobain was a white man who had watered down music that appealed to the masses regardless of his raw emotions. That's why he was popular. Not just because of his raw emotions in his songs. Because the radio stations are controlled by the shallow corporate machine.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah, but there was abusive patriarchy and abusive racism in the music industry during the time Nirvana was a music band because Mariah Carey was abused in the music industry because she was a female who got abused by people in the music industry who were controlling her music career because they didn't want her music making her sound like a black girl and because her father wasn't a stereotypical white man, so Tommy Mottola was trying to hide Mariah Carey's personal life from the public during the 1990's. After the 1990's is when the radio stations started treating black people and Hispanic people better. Ice Cube had to fight to have his music be known in the 1980's because he was a black man. Queen Latifah had to fight to have her "U.N.I.T.Y." song be known publicly because the music industry was still heavily influenced by abusive patriarchy and abusive racism in the 1990's even after Ice Cube fought to make his music. And then, Mariah Carey had to fight to make her music career be successful. The radio stations were catering to wealthy white people in the 1990's compared to black people because of racism. That's why the black people had to fight to get their music heard on the radio stations during that time no matter how much people say that "it's worse nowadays than it was in previous decades".
I guess I wasn't aware of the full extent of the racism. I just know what I like, and that most music I really love was made before I was even born.

·
Registered
INFP, 4, IEI, Ravenpuff
32,310 Posts
@UniversalIndividual there was plenty of artists of colors in the 90s. Snoop, Sisco, Nas, soul 2 soul, Mia, Paula Abdul, The Jungle Brothers, Krs-1, Snap, C&C music factory, 2 Ulimited, Tag Team, Cris Cross, Paula Abdul, Mark Morrison, Brandy n Monica, Drue Hills, Jay C, Micheal Jacson, Fresh Prince, Whitney Housten, Quindon Tarver, Aalyia, En vogue, Seal, 2 pac shakur, P diddy, salt n peppa, Jennifer Lopez, Lil Kim etc etc etc

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
@UniversalIndividual there was plenty of artists of colors in the 90s. Snoop, Scisco, Nas, Snap, C&C, Paula Abdul, Mark Morrison, Brandy n Monica, Drue Hills Jay C, Micheal Jacdon, Whitney Housten, Quindon Tarver, Aalyia, En vogue etc etc etc
I was thinking the same. But Idk, maybe it was still harder for people of color. Who knows?

·
Registered
INFP, 4, IEI, Ravenpuff
32,310 Posts
I was thinking the same. But Idk, maybe it was still harder for people of color. Who knows?
We didn't racism in my area that I know of at the time, heck we even took the white busses down to the consentracion camps to witness Hitlers rasistic massmurders of the Jews to get rid of rasism, saw films such as Schindlers list and read Anne Franks diary, but we didnt live in USA so how should I know

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just happened to think. I don't recall ever seeing a black person in a hair metal or thrash metal band, unless you consider Guns N Roses hair metal. Weird how Axl expressed racism against "n*****s" in a song, but his guitarist was half black.

·
Registered
INFP, 4, IEI, Ravenpuff
32,310 Posts
I just happened to think. I don't recall ever seeing a black person in a hair metal or thrash metal band, unless you consider Guns N Roses hair metal. Weird how Axl expressed racism against "n*****s" in a song, but his guitarist was half black.
I dont know man. But I love Nirvana 😵

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
We didn't racism in my area that I know of at the time, heck we even took the white busses down to the consentracion camps to witness Hitlers rasistic massmurders of the Jews to get rid of rasism, saw films such as Schindlers list and read Anne Franks diary, but we didnt live in USA so how should I know
You're still racist though! Lol. jk At least some people would call you racist if you lived here, because to some people, it doesn't matter how unracist you are, all white people are seemingly racist.

Reactions: ENIGMA2019

·
Registered
INFP, 4, IEI, Ravenpuff
32,310 Posts
You're still racist though! Lol. jk At least some people would call you racist if you lived here, because to some people, it doesn't matter how unracist you are, all white people are seemingly racist.
Whatever ✋

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Whatever ✋
Its true. I've even seen people basically saying that if you deny being racist, then that means you are .

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Whatever ✋
Sorry, I'm a little salty about some of the dealings I've had. But of course I'm actually racist. Lol (no, not really)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Ye you are a rasist to me.
Well great! Just what I always set out to be! Lol Think what you want. I don't have to answer to anyone here, and I haven't said anything blatantly racist, so I'm good.

Edit: I'm really not racist PerC mods. I just say I am when people online accuse me of it because I don't wanna get triggered and argue, because people are gonna think what they think anyways, and that often just means they're gonna think I'm racist.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts