Personality Cafe banner

How did Kurt Cobain die?

• suicide

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • murdered by Courtney Love (whether directly by her or by someone else)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 6 60.0%

How did Kurt Cobain die?

3K views 65 replies 12 participants last post by  Electra 
#1 ·

#61 · (Edited)

Yeah, but a lot of people are horrible asshole who lie. Which is why I don't listen to them. I don't need to shut up. People in this thread were lying about females, so I called them out. Because I'm getting tired of society and people treating females and people in general like crap by corrupting them, sexually abusing them, causing them to have mental disorders and health disorders, and other things.

#62 ·
View attachment 870825
Yeah, but a lot of people are horrible asshole who lie. Which is why I don't listen to them. I don't need to shut up. People in this thread were lying about females, so I called them out. Because I'm getting tired of society and people treating females and people in general like crap by corrupting them, sexually abusing them, causing them have mental disorders and health disorders, and other things.
I didn't read anything you wrote there and I don't give a shit if you took a screenshot. In this thread, you're being the forum equivalent of someone shrilly complaining about what happened 20-30 years ago, and no one cares anymore, even the POCs that you're claiming to sympathize with.

#63 ·
@Electra I haven't been online in 2 days. Thanks for apologizing. Maybe I also shouldn't have joked about being racist. I guess its just maybe a bad defense mechanism I have because I figure if I deny I'm "racist", people are gonna think I am anyways, and I don't wanna be bothered by it.

I'll give you some backdrop of my attitude. When I was a boy my grandpa was very racist. Observing him is what made me decide at a young age that I didn't wanna be racist, and I always thought racism was bad.

Fast forward to about age 13. I honestly don't remember exactly what I said or did any more, but at one point something made the Hmong (people from the mountains of Laos in southeast Asia) students in my school all think I was racist, and it really bothered me. The next few years in school it didn't matter what I said or did to show I wasn't racist, they had their minds made up that I was. Luckily when I was maybe 16 they kinda realized that maybe they had been wrong all along. But that's like 3 years of my development worrying about it, so of course its gonna have an impact on me.

Then recently I see the PerC user by the name "Saiyed Handsome ****" saying her bs about a lot of white people being racist because of this, that, or the other thing. I think some people were basically agreeing with everything she said. The thing that really upset me is that she indicated that a white person denying they are racist indicates that they really are. Excuse me? What??? I was only denying it those 3 whole years in my youth! What is someone supposed to do when they get accused of it, especially when they are very sensitive about that accusation? Are they supposed to agree, like I did just as a joke? That makes them look racist. Are they supposed to deny it? Apparently that makes them look racist too? Or are they just supposed to say absolutely nothing on the topic? Well its only natural to respond somehow. You might argue that not saying anything could be viewed as an admission of guilt as well. So wtf? So I usually try not to worry too much about it, but it can be difficult. I just wanna tell people "STOP CALLING EVERYONE RACIST!", and sorry to say but white people obviously get falsely accused of it the most, which one could argue is a subtle form of racism in and of itself.

I do understand that people of color have worse problems generally than white people. I get it. But I don't wanna be called fuckin' racist every time I happen to bring up issues that are relevant to my own life experiences! That's simply not fair, and its completely illogical anyways.

#65 ·
Thank you for sharing your vulnerable side on PerC, even though your post was more for electra. You made me think lots of things. And at least i and electra don't think you are racist. Also if you believe you are not racist, nobody can't really deny that. Even if there are people who are obviously racist, we can't change their minds on internet anyway, right? I hope you have great day and forget about all of it. So... How did Kurt Cobain die, below poster?

#64 ·
@Electra I also apologize for assuming you're white if maybe you're not? I know you're in Scandinavia, but there are after all some non-whites in Scandinavia. Idrc what you are tbh. I just hope me assuming you're white didn't somehow upset you or cause misunderstandings in our conversation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.