Personality Cafe banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
I was happy. It was like someone else found the words to describe what I'd experienced and felt, the truth. I was pleased. My inner world has always felt very real to me, but also cryptic and prelanguage. I feel quite a lot inside, but so much of my identity happens when I'm alone. Learning about enneagram helped me find the words to better explain my inner realities, what it feels like to be me. It was a comfort. I don't really care if other people understand me, but I see value in self understanding, I really like getting to know who I am.

·
Banned
374 Posts
Hmm...

Well, I honestly felt immense satisfaction at discovering my tritype because I didn't know much at all about enneagram at first. I only had a very basic grasp of it. Like, how I was with enneagram was like...people who only understand what the letters/dichotomies mean in MBTI.

But I took the time to research for like a while. (I have never really trusted tests to accurately determine who I am...because I've always felt like I know myself way better than any test. Plus, I already had information on enneagram, so I'd probably be answering in a biased way.)

Anyway though, at first, I was mad because I felt a level of connection with a lot of types. It's why I initially dismissed enneagram. I related to 4 a lot, 7 a lot, 2 quite a bit, 3 quite a bit, 1 a fair amount, and the rest were so-so. Then I randomly found out about tritype on this forum and I was like, oh dang that is so cool.

My first two types were easy, but finding my last type was super hard. 9 just sounded like it SHOULD be me. 8 sounded like it could be me as well. But being either 8 or 9 (whether it was a wing or an actual main type) terrified me. I didn't want to be either. It was frightening. So I originally picked 9w8 for myself just because it seemed like it could make sense. Then I read a 479 description and it literally... it was like... "This is so freaking scary. Some parts are cool, but mostly... I hate this. I hate this, I hate this, I hate this. I HATE THIS!!!"

And it just never felt right to me. So two weeks later, I went back to it, and found the 147 tritype, and the video. And suddenly it was like..."THIS IS SO ME. This is me. This is like, everything! Why didn't I find this sooner? This helps explain so much! I feel so SATISFIED that there is an actual thing out there that represents all the hunches I had myself, and now I can feel so much better knowing that ... Well, it's an actual thing."

And then Katherine started reading out loud the weaknesses of the 147. And at first, it felt like I was attacked, sort of. It made me go from being SUPER happy back down to a more reasonable level and I started thinking about it. And I was like, "It's true. This is definitely true. I need to learn from this. It doesn't really sound that nice, but it's all so true. These conflicts and struggles. This makes me even more motivated to work on my weaknesses."

So I mean, it didn't exactly make me feel like crap. It was mostly "I am so happy I've found my real enneagram and a pretty accurate representation of myself. Well, as accurate as a personality theory can be." Then just a sense of reality.

Enneagram does indeed make me feel terrible at times and I hate that it's who I am SOMETIMES...but I was definitely mostly proud that 147 was my tritype. I didn't have any problems accepting it. Then I helped a lot of my friends find their tritypes as well because it just had so, so, so much meaning for me to find mine! Finding my enneagram was so much more enlightening and helpful than finding my MBTI type. I learned a lot haha.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Seeing as 4 is the only type that covers most, if not all, of the major themes of my life, it feels like total shit.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts