Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before, i wasnt sure that i was really that different than everyone else, yet the discovery of a whole system of personality types that contrast eachother has seemed to be a huge step for me. Reading about my personality for the first time dumbstruck me, i couldnt believe how spot on each paragraph continued to be. Also, my interest in putting a name to how i act isnt just something iv shrugged off, the past week has been consumed with me looking for answers to many of the parts of my life, and it turns out that i have been able to find man of the answers. I find this process of unearthing this community of people with similar actions to me to be awesome and i want to know how all of you felt when you were in the same spot as i am now, and maybe how it has changed you

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I felt relieved when I first discovered my type. Before I found I was an INFJ, I thought I was an INTP which I did fit well mind you but there was just something off about the INTP personality that made me seem more "sensitive" despite me having the "blunt" and straightforward type of attitude that an INTP tends to have. Well I am set on just being an INFJ with a fairly decent thinking side as well.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I was askin myself the same thing days earlier while discussing the theory with my older brother. It's interesting how naturally different everyone is. It's interesting how humans all see patterns. And it's even more interesting how patterns exist within us as well. Whether or not MBTI or Jungian Cognitive Functions is a bunch of bunk, the ability of these systems to define people they've never been personally implemented upon is notable. I've heard there are inaccuracies. I don't doubt that. Some people I've known have Dismissed these theories. That is no excuse for rejecting a pattern in humans that is most likely evident. After all, patterns are evident in every other facet of life. Patterns don't imply labels, but possible explanations.

Besides, I was on a quest to find myself well before finding out about personality types. I didn't know it'd be such a valuable tool to me. Even if it truly doesn't have the answers, I've grown via using it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts