Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's already a thread like this, but I'm wondering how you people learned about the whole MBTI thing, not just how you figured out you were different.

This thread is just more specific.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Gained an interest in personalities and psychology in an attempt to fix myself. Found MBTI and used it to do just that. I'm a much better person now than I was a year ago.

Reactions: immortalhaldir

·
Registered
950 Posts
My friends had to do it for a university course, so naturally they wanted to see what I was. I came out as an INTP, read the page, and realised that there was enough there to convince others, but I could see it was all just forer effect. I then began searching other types to see if the same applied for them, and was stunned when ISTP hit me perfectly. Since then I've seen the sense in it, although I only really used the result to find this forum, and people who think similarly.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
The book Type Talk was on my aunt's coffee table. I had already taken a few dinky quizzes online that said I was ISTP or INTP. I started reading the book, and I was hooked. I went home that night and bought my own copy on Amazon. I've been obsessed ever since.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I took advantage of the free career counseling at my alma mater, which included the MBTI and verifying the results with a counselor. I thought it was a load of crap at first, but soon realized what a great tool it can be if used properly.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I thought I was INTP or INTJ, but they just weren't a good fit. Read some Kiersey and realized I was a sensor. (Despite Kiersey's idiocy....yes he slightly helped) Thought I was ISTJ, but that wasn't a good fit either. Found a great description of ISTP that wasn't all full of stereotypical garbage. Then found this forum and read about 2 threads and I instantly knew I was ISTP.

Reactions: immortalhaldir

·
Registered
97 Posts
The company forced me to join the rest of my team for a 2 day mbti course, i did the official questionnaire and came out istj (mainly cause i answered based on my work which involve meeting strict deadlines, setup project planning with customers and other shit), after the different functions were explained during the course i thought i was intp.
The enfp instructor sat with me and discussed it and said: "you are way too sexy to be an intp, i think are istp" #joking

I wasn't convinced so i started to read some descriptions of istp and it was pretty accurate.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I met a person on the internet a few years back. I noticed that we had quite some things in common when it comes to personality and such things. I was entirely unknown to Myers Briggs until he told me about it and which type he was. He sent me a link with a test and it turned out to be an ISTP. At the time, I had know idea what an ISTP was until I searched for some descriptions and examples. These were pretty accurate as well!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bought a book to find my passion and chapter 1 was on finding out my personality. Tested as ISTP/INTP , but ISTP fits me better. ( lots of OH MAH GAWD - I DO THAT ! moments when reading... And yes I'm currently so obessed with reading everything on MBTI that Im still on CHAPTER 1 !! Better go back and read it hahahahah !

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
An angel came down from the heavens and told me "go forth and take a crappy, online personality test; from this, you shall become the saviour of the lands of 'personality cafe' by enlightening the masses with your wisdom"...

...aaand I'll admit that it's taking a little longer than I thought for the whole 'messiah' thing to catch on, but hey ho, give it time... give it time...

Reactions: Iridescent

·
Registered
273 Posts
Was brought up in a household of feelers, and needed a better understanding of irrational behaviours. I found MBTI and pretty much everything fell into place.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My mother took a quiz because of work or a friend, and had my sister and I take it. I forgot about the whole thing. Fast forward a few years later (around this time last year) and I was wondering why I was so fundamentally different than other females my age. I was researching theories on the Internet and personality theories came up. I remembered the name of this theory (MBTI) and I took an online test. I was pretty sure I was an ISTP and I read the "You Know You're An ISTP When..." thread and I kept going, "ROFL! I do that!" to every post. It was like these people were in my head.

Reactions: madhatter

·
Registered
446 Posts
I managed to bypass the laws of physics and kill a random pedestrian with a penny flicked in snide derision from the top of the Sears Tower (fuck Willis Group Holdings, Ltd and their name). Something only an ISTP could do. I didn't know anything about MBTI at the time, but as I stepped out of the elevator in the lobby, I was detained by a first responder (coincidentally also an ISTP) who proceeded to briefly congratulate me, stuff a copy of So You're An ISTP, Now What? into my hands, and shuffle me out of a back door with the advice to leave town as soon as possible.

Of course, the truth is far less entertaining....I sort of stumbled upon it during a Google query about introversion.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was tested while attending a "one day a week" school for gifted kids. I was only 11 and the descriptions we got after the test were absolutely spot on and still are.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got interested in online personality quizzes and such and started researching the different MBTI descriptions. Took me a while but ISTP stood out as the most accurate.

·
Registered
715 Posts
someone sent me a link "how to treat INTJs" and i could relate... (mostly introvert-stuff) so i took some online-tests. came out as ISTP or INTJ in different tests, wanted to know which one was "correct", started to read about it, cancelled the possibility of being INTJ the moment i read the ISTP-descriptions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts