Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I was into MBTI for quite a bit longer before I joined PerC. Often when I would type information in on google such as 'Frustration with xxxx', 'xxxx in relationships' and the sort I would get forum posts from here. After lurking and getting to see what the community was like, I joined in August of 2010 ^^; but then I didn't really start posting for another year. The reason I post more now is because I made a promise to myself to commit to the things I participate in. I have a tendency to start a new forum/game/online community to then drop it a few weeks later.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found it when I was trying to find information about INTJs (because I originally mistyped as one).
Hehehe in school we took the humanmetrics one before my mom told me to take it (although I knew what it was) in 8th grade we took it for a team thing and I got INTJ and I read the description and I was like....... no.... so then I took it again and got ENTP and I was like...yeah then I asked my mom and she was like...... no. Then I thought I was ISFP because that's what she is and then I realized I'm not so yaa

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Person I occasionally (now almost never) IM with told me about MBTI... thought it was going to be as lame as those 'Multiple Intelligence' tests.... I was surprised after taking it that it really wasn't, that it was actually just awesome, which became more and more evident as I did more and more research on it. The person had also mentioned PerC in a chat or two and either I figured, what the hell, why not, or it came up in a Google search and then I said why not? I'm glad I'm here :). I have no intention of departing, the extent to which I lurk may vary though.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was trying to figure out my career path and I thought why not take a personally test to understand myself more to see what really suits me? So I googled it and MBTI popped up. After confirming that I was typed as ENFP, I googled further to try to find more information on it and there I found the forum!

Like what @Finaille said, I also have a tendency to drop a new forum after I've joined a few days later (even worse in my case lol), but PerC caught my interest and attention and I love it here.

Reactions: Finaille

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
About five years ago, I started noticing that people reminded me of others I had met before. I found that certain people displayed the same mannerisms of other people I knew. For example, my brother, my uncle, and two of my cousins all smiled and laughed the same way. I decided it wasn't a family trait, because only two of these people had any genetic relation. I thought it must be something to do with their personalities. I later found out that all four of them are ENFJ's and that I had started noticing their similar mannerisms because my inferior introverted sensing function was starting to develop.

More recently, I went through a breakup. Our relationship mirrored a pattern that I had repeated in a few of my past relationships. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how similar the girls I had dated were. This made me curious to find out what it was that these girls had in common and why our relationships were always so exciting at the beginning but ultimately unfulfilling. I ended up finding out that I had been almost exclusively dating ISTJ's and ESTP's.

I have always strongly believed that I have the power to shape my own life and who I am through the choices that I make. This summer I felt I had finally put my past self esteem and confidence issues to a permanent rest, so I decided to start working on my relationships. I had heard about the MBTI before and I knew that I was an ENFP, but I wasn't sure if it would help me in this area or not.

So, I started doing some research and came across several Youtube videos that mentioned PerC. As well as helping me learn about myself, it turns out that MBTI also helped me a lot with relationships. The most important thing that I learned was that there were plenty of people with similar relationship wants and needs to my own. I had always thought that people couldn't relate, but I found out that this was because the girls I dated simply didn't see the world the same way I do. So, I learned about the different types and how their functions work. I also learned how to identify them so that I could use my knowledge to better communicate and connect with others.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Someone I was once friends with convinced me to join. Probably one of the better things that I've done just for the sake of doing it considering I met the love of my life. I had known for mbti for a little bit. Back when I was in an intj/enfp relationship. (the relationship from hell for me, lol) I read all the descriptions, and sort of agreed. I still don't completely agree with them. :p But it was interesting reading about being an enfp, because I was like except for a few paragraphs I pretty much just saw myself described by a total stranger. lols.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Google.

10char

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Le Google! XD

I knew about MBTI for a long time before I found PerC. I was just sort of...bored one day, surfing around, reading theories and being all introspective, and then I found PerC. I will say, though, that I wasn't able to pin down my type until I started hanging out here and talking to/relating to other members. I was 100% convinced I was an ENTP before coming here...and a few other types before that. XD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts