Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see how different types react upon discovering their types and what their weaknesses and strengths are.
Did your perception of yourself and others change?
Did your way of thinking change?
How did you manage the information, was it difficult to deal with or was it a relief to understand what's been going on?
Did you start trying to better yourself?

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
I learned I was being an unhealthy 3. My arrow was pointing toward the nine. I was ridding myself of emotion. I was reclusing myself, accepting my imperfection. Then I learned how to become healthy. The arrow needed to point toward the six. I needed something to be passionate about. Something to achieve. I figured out that I need that passion, for without it I'll fail. I became a healthy 3. It wasn't difficult at all for me to learn about myself. It was relieving. My perception of myself changed. I knew it was under my control to be healthy. I felt in control. I loved it. I still think the same way: I'm the best. I compare the 3 to everything else on the enneagram chart and I'm proud to be a 3. That's who I am. My view of others didn't change. I still respect everybody for being who they are genuinely. Whether they're a 4 or a 7, an 8 or a 1, they are still respected by me. People have always been respected by me for being themselves. After learning I was a 3, and being told countless times that it's okay to not be the best, I'm much more accepting of who I am. I have a need to achieve and it's okay. I want to work with it. Not against it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I somehow always knew.

Growing up, my parents were always busy. I only met them like once a week and I've been out of the house since 15. The easiest way to get their attention was for me to score high marks. Maybe it conditioned my mind to see that as pleasure. I noticed that I was more ambitious than most, if not all, of my friends. Then I asked myself, "What is it I am striving for?" Sense of accomplishment? Encouragement? Admiration? Valuing myself on how others perceive me is cheap and childish, but it is not like I can fully control it.

But the enneagram was like a slap to my face, I choked up a little. It was a sad "Ah, I knew it," because I kept denying myself lol.

It is hard for me to get close to people because I think they would leave when they know I am only your average human. More than my ambition or achievements, I feel. Deeply. Hence, to see a screen describing what I feel, when no one or even I can, it is somehow a strange experience. Now I just accept that as a fact and see the world more objectively.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,449 Posts
Well, I mistyped as a 4 for a while, but then my friend started asking me questions to help determine my type. This was before I had any understanding really about the enneagram, so I didn't really know what she was getting at, but she narrowed it down to a heart type.

What really narrowed it down, more so than the drives was the fears. It was weird because when I looked back on my life, it really made alot of sense. Who I looked up to, how I went about things, and the reason why I went after the things I did.

·
Registered
INTP 874 sx/sp VLEF melancholic
17,126 Posts
Well, I mistyped as a 4 for a while, but then my friend started asking me questions to help determine my type. This was before I had any understanding really about the enneagram, so I didn't really know what she was getting at, but she narrowed it down to a heart type.

What really narrowed it down, more so than the drives was the fears. It was weird because when I looked back on my life, it really made alot of sense. Who I looked up to, how I went about things, and the reason why I went after the things I did.
Yeah the fears is what makes the most sense. They explain everything. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I think I'd prefer not to think about it.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

this is what it feels like.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Maybe Im the only one but I was happy about it. I have mixed feelings now because Ive realized how naturally cocky we are and I realize Ill probably never let my guard down but in this society I feel good with it because thats what everyone wants. Ya I know. Dont judge me.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've always had a hunch that I'm achiever. No doubt. Long term goals and achievements have played a huge role in my life. To obtain them I learnt to have high working standards. Though money is not target itself, but earning comfortable, aesthetic home or set up&direct own, significant company is another thing. Feel the diff?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Was like, "Oh, that's a lot more accurate than a 7."

Reactions: Purrfessor

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
It just sort of "clicked" for me. I had such a hard time figuring out what my type was, and that may very well be a testament to how much of a Three I am, because it's super obvious in everything I say and do. Discovering it was like...well, that makes sense, and now I see why I couldn't place myself before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I developed into a three just a couple years ago, but that's only natural since I'm still a teenager. There was a time where I didn't care about my marks, didn't care how I did in school, etc. But when I realized the goals I have in my life my work ethic really changed, and with that my marks soared. When I took the test and got the result I felt a whole lot more self-aware. It didn't upset me, it was actually rather humbling being told I'm self-centered. XD I don't want to be successful for anyone else but me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.