Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see how different types react upon discovering their types and what their weaknesses and strengths are.
Did your perception of yourself and others change?
Did your way of thinking change?
How did you manage the information, was it difficult to deal with or was it a relief to understand what's been going on?
Did you start trying to better yourself?

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
How did you first react discovering your enneagram type?

I found I couldn't pin down my wing and it didn't entirely fit me.

No.

It wasn't as interesting as my MBTI. That spoke to me more because it just 'fit'.

How did you manage the information, was it difficult to deal with or was it a relief to understand what's been going on?

I kept trying to figure out my wing and then gave up.

I considered whether I mostly just try to avoid pain and the such. I realized that in terms of emotional pain and the such, that I should work harder on being more emotionally available. I've talked to my husband about it and tried to put this in action.

Reactions: mrgreendots

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
I wanted to see how different types react upon discovering their types and what their weaknesses and strengths are.
a bit

no

difficult when I first learned these things about myself, but all I learned from discovering my type was that these tendencies where characteristic of 7 rather than 8 and/or 3 as I had originally thought.

sort of. I've made progress, but I don't feel the need to rush. other aspects of it I don't care about.
yes, I'm selfish, hedonistic and have a large ego.....and that's fine with me :cool:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It didn't really change my way of thinking much, discovering I was an ENFJ was much more eye-opening. But it did help explain why I most often test as ENFP or even ESFP :happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts