Personality Cafe banner

How did you meet your long term partner/ spouse?

• At work

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • At school

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Introduced by a friend

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Online dating site

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Through a social media site (Facebook, twitter)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other online site (message boards)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Through a hobby/ activity

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • At a bar/ club/ location where people go to pick up dates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At a cafe/ on a plane/ waiting at the DMV/ other public location

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (please explain in comments)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • I don't have a long term partner or spouse

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Not INFP (didn't vote), but I met my husband in a coffee shop. I hit on him and he was all cute and blushing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I met my SO at a friend's party last year. I was with my then boyfriend at the time. I only met him briefly and didn't pay much attention, since my affections were set on my previous boyfriend.

We got to talking more and more on Facebook, and he seemed to be an awesome guy. We shared interests in Philosophy, Sociology and even the same music taste (which is particularly rare for me). I broke up with my other boyfriend, since I didn't see a future with him and he was too... picky about things. My SO and I met up a few times, saw there was a spark, and decided to make it official. And now here we are 18 months later.

·
Registered
715 Posts
He wanted to use my microwave.
@ ickle, I read this in Tina's voice.

I met my fiance through a friend, who took us both to an indoor rock-climbing place. It turns out that he went to my high school, grew up in the area, and knew most of my classmates. Because we grew up in the same neighborhood, share the same generation, and share common values, I was able to connect with him.

I bumped into him several times at my college campus, and decided to ask for his phone number through Facebook.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I met my husband at a student party. He had the nicest smile that I've ever seen and I thought "that's a man I could really fall for, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now" but then I met him again at another party and talked to him and realized "oh fuck, now I really like this guy" so I had to hit on him and now we've been together for 5 years.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Actually a sheep. Roberto did.
Enchanting bleating, picking up ladies from landfills, holy shit INFP's are romantic!

And who's Roberto? Was your girl a cross-dresser?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts