Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, hello :) Here again and feeling quite delighted about that btw :) Oh, obviously I'd rather be a man than admit that I am even somewhat embarrassed because of having had so much difficulties to recognize my Sixish nature...

Anyway, I'd love to know how have you recognized your subtypes? I have no idea of my own, could imagine nearly any of the choices. I tend to think it's either sx or so since I seem to be so clearly extroverted and upbeat and towards people.

I've read many descriptions, here's one that I like - thanks @Rim, btw! :) I've understood that social subtypes are more people-oriented and friendly, sexual subtypes more intense and energetic and self-preservation subtypes more introverted and grounded. Do you agree? How do those manifest in your life?

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
You may have already come across it, but for what it's worth, here:

Socionics - the16types.info - Instinctual Stackings

This link helped me determine that I am a sp/sx far more than reading type descriptions.

It took me a few days...I read it over and over, first going by gut instinct, then analyzing each one in terms of how it played into my life. Both times I came out sp/sx. The descriptions of "blind spots" or deficiencies were dead on for me being soc-last. You may have a similar experience as you read.

Actually, I would recommend NOT reading type-specific instinctual descriptions--every description I've read about sp-7s is contradicted by other descriptions. I had the same trouble with 6-descriptions. Study the instincts themselves and how they apply to you, then worry about how that manifests itself in your enneatype.

Also keep in mind your age--how old are you? I couldn't see any of this stuff clearly until just recently. You may need to get some major life experience under your belt before the patterns really begin to emerge.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@holyrockthrower, thanks! It was helpful. Maybe you're right and I should focus on the general subtype descriptions... These were very interesting:

Sp dominant - survival, comfort, habits, routine. You will take care of your needs. These people set up little homes or nests for themselves wherever they go. It can becomes neurotic when fear and habit distort the instinct e.g. eating disorders. One has “issues” that drain energy and cause one to lose Presence. Sp firsts are the grounded version of their type, while sp-secondss may have similar concerns but in lighter, less frequent form.

Sp blind spot
- lack of solid foundation, lack in regularity, lack in comfort and coziness, lack in personal upkeep, since these people rarely concern about sp matters. There is fear is of being an "eternal child" who won’t take care of ones’ self and expectation of failure in dealing with sp instinct. They tend to look down on sp-domain, express certain cynicism towards it e.g. state that sp-firsts “don’t know how to live a life".

Sx dominant
- charge, electricity, intense attraction, focus, addictions, days without sleeping, moth to the flame attraction, obsessions, stalking, “loose cannons”, blurt things out in groups, don't think about others. It is as if they constantly set themselves on fire. Their life can get out of control if their sx instinct goes neurotic. They may find it hard to settle into anything, including committed relationships, out of fear that the need for intensity won’t be sustained. High cost—“all or nothing” attitude.

Sx blind spot
- subvert the fiery energy, tame the fire, don’t honor your passions, procrastinate and postpone if you need to, avoid anything stimulating. Inertia. They may fear of being a boring, bland person, without passions, be afraid of having 'no juice', and feel flattered that someone wants to spend time with them.

So dominant
- being included is important, focus on finding one's place in the world, neglect of other things in favor of group contributions (workaholic), need to be plugged into something, danger of being overly accommodating. This can be a narcissistic need satisfied through social manipulation. Focus is on politics, jockeying for positions and roles. You may not want to join but feel aware of the price, so question arises: do I participate or not? So-firsts want to know what’s going on with other people as a way to uncover the hierarchy (gossip) - talk is currency, discourse is welcomed. Exploring - Are we on the same team? Who can I trust? Healthy expression—how can this help everyone? Unhealthy expression—what’s in it for me? Is this worth my while?

Soc blind spot
- finds it hard to concern self with another’s agenda, dismissive. They may feel that connecting socially will cost them something and consider interactions to be draining. Would rather act as a lone force, feeling that they don't need others and others don't need them. Fear of being emotionally crippled, being unable to connect with people, self-conscious of being socially ungracious. It’s hard to take in the gifts and generosity of others. One doesn’t let oneself try to interact or find out. Projected fear - if I ignore others, they will ignore me. There’s an expectation of humiliation. A desire not to impose self on people in fear of not being wanted or being klutzy.

I'd love to know how different subtypes of Six manifest though so please people share your stories if you know your subtypes.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyway, I'd love to know how have you recognized your subtypes? I have no idea of my own, could imagine nearly any of the choices. I tend to think it's either sx or so since I seem to be so clearly extroverted and upbeat and towards people.

I've understood that social subtypes are more people-oriented and friendly, sexual subtypes more intense and energetic and self-preservation subtypes more introverted and grounded. Do you agree? How do those manifest in your life?
I'm a counterphobic (so/sp/sx). Determining my subtype stacking was mostly a simple exercise in examining my priorities. I think of whose security warrants the most attention, especially when analyzing new threats. I'm going to give an example of how I compare threats, and please keep in mind that the intention here is to demonstrate how I prioritize. This is not a statement about what specific concerns are indicators of subtypes.

When SARS broke out, I went to RED ALERT! If health organizations had not found a way to quarantine and treat SARS, it would have decimated the population of the globe. I was extremely focused on every little bit of information availible from the moment I heard of it.

I've spent quite a substantial time studying smallpox, spanish influenza, polio, cholera, pfisteria, etc.These threats worry me much more than cancer, because the vectors are social connections, and the damage is done to entire chunks of the population. Cancer is an isolated threat, meaning, if I get cancer, I won't be transmitting it to others, so it's not as big of a concern for me.

Now, sexually transmitted diseases are an even lower concern for me, because I am easily able to isolate myself from that vector. They are a threat based on social vectors, but I can choose to avoid these vectors, most of the time. I'm aware that getting my blood mixed with another person's blood is an extremely dangerous vector, and that's not as controllable as sexual interaction, so I worry much more about HIV's transmission through accidental contact with others. But sexual interaction is my lowest concern, so I can be very selective about my exposure to this vector, and if I were infected, would be able to isolate myself from infecting others.

Again, my intention here is to demonstrate my prioritization of health threats, not to identify any particular concerns as being indicators of a particular subtype.

Reactions: zallla

·
Registered
386 Posts
Heh, I don't know you but based on that post you seem a lot more phobic to me! ^_^
Counterphobic comes into play when I'm am tackling a threat, not evaluating it. Tackling something like SARS is very challenging. I'm way more concerned with the aggressive elimination of these threats than I am with avoiding them. However, the population of the planet isn't very cooperative when it comes to exterminating these threats. Using pandemics to establish if someone is phobic or counterphobic would be difficult unless the person is part of the team with security clearance for working with the virus strains. I'd be way more interested in being at the frontline to eliminate the threat than I would in hiding away somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts