Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished taking the MBIT test and I obviously scored an INTJ. Every time I've taken it, for about 4 years now, I've always gotten that. I am 100% introverted, which doesn't surprise me. I am 50% Intuitive, 38% Thinking, and 44% Judging. Now, how distinct are those percents? I mean, 38% sounds very low, but they all say moderately except for introverted. I've scored much higher in all of these categories before, but this is where I stand right now. Any feedback?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Forget the test, study the cognitive functions. Test are, and always will be skewed.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
But don't cognitive functions stem from the initial personality?
I used to think that 4 letters defined who i was. Once i educated myself i realized that the functions made up who i was first, then attaching them to the letters. I did a step by step process, starting with E. Once i figured out that extrovert was my preference, i moved onto Ne and so on. I didn't ask anyone online about my search, i felt i knew myself better than anyone here, also i didn't want any stereotypes connected with my research. I totally ignored everything i read here, and did an outside search through books, sites and logical descriptions.

I've only tested as an ENTP aside from ENFP, although after doing so much research with Fi/Fe, this was the deal breaker for me. Fe was a function that was basically non existent for me. I wanted to stay true to who i was even though the T was more appealing ;) My core is an F, always has, always will be.

Reactions: Dark Flare

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to think that 4 letters defined who i was. Once i educated myself i realized that the functions made up who i was first, then attaching them to the letters. I did a step by step process, starting with E. Once i figured out that extrovert was my preference, i moved onto Ne and so on. I didn't ask anyone online about my search, i felt i knew myself better than anyone here, also i didn't want any stereotypes connected with my research. I totally ignored everything i read here, and did an outside search through books, sites and logical descriptions.

I've only tested as an ENTP aside from ENFP, although after doing so much research with Fi/Fe, this was the deal breaker for me. Fe was a function that was basically non existent for me. I wanted to stay true to who i was even though the T was more appealing ;) My core is an F, always has, always will be.
I see. Well, thank you. I will be doing some research myself then. I've been putting off the cognitive functions because I glossed over them once and didn't quite understand it. Now I guess I'll go back and actually absorb.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Just a quick question then. Let's say, in my case, that my leading role is Ni. As an INTJ, what if I feel that, for me, it may actually be something like Ne? Will that change my four letters? I assume it would.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I see. Well, thank you. I will be doing some research myself then. I've been putting off the cognitive functions because I glossed over them once and didn't quite understand it. Now I guess I'll go back and actually absorb.
I wish you all the best, good luck :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just finished taking the MBIT test and I obviously scored an INTJ. Every time I've taken it, for about 4 years now, I've always gotten that. I am 100% introverted, which doesn't surprise me. I am 50% Intuitive, 38% Thinking, and 44% Judging. Now, how distinct are those percents? I mean, 38% sounds very low, but they all say moderately except for introverted. I've scored much higher in all of these categories before, but this is where I stand right now. Any feedback?
Are you serious? No one is 100 % introverted. This just shows how inaccurate internet tests are. Study the cognitive functions like MuCh(..) says.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Just a quick question then. Let's say, in my case, that my leading role is Ni. As an INTJ, what if I feel that, for me, it may actually be something like Ne? Will that change my four letters? I assume it would.
Yes, it would change. Ne leading would be either an ENFP or ENTP. You wouldn't use Te, you would use Ti. You wouldn't use Fi, you would use Fe. This is why its important to really read the functions. Find as many sites as you can. Try and relate yourself, how you behave, what you would do in your reality. How you filter data, how you process data etc. Functions are just a preference for processing data, whether that be externally or internally.

Reactions: Dark Flare
1 - 9 of 9 Posts