Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big problem with authorities. I can see when someone is using it wrong and I can't stand it. I think that sixes tend to see normal defences as an misuse of power, even if they are (and usually or always are), it is not so consious in others.. This helps a little..

So how does cp6 handle authority issues succesfully even when seeing abuse?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Judging from my work experiences and the high dose of authority misuse and abuse there, I don't take it too lightly. I will study the rule book and argue until my point has been proven; of course this causes authority figures to resent me, but I really don't care as long as I make a point and see them eventually back down.

Reactions: Steel Magnolia

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Judging from my work experiences and the high dose of authority misuse and abuse there, I don't take it too lightly. I will study the rule book and argue until my point has been proven; of course this causes authority figures to resent me, but I really don't care as long as I make a point and see them eventually back down.
Yes this is what I'm very familiar. This just seems to be the "only way". This action is strongly fear based for me, even when it doesn't show. So when I make my point the fear arises, when I don't the anxiety rises and the anxiety is more stronger when related to fear in conflicts. In my point of view this feels like lose/lose situation because it's reactive behavior. It doesn't feel like I have a choice on the matter. I tended to think I do.

Would it be wise to step back and let the anxiety come? For growth..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or maybe this is obvious for me in a way. It probably would be wise to let the anxiety come, but only when there is a way to handle it. My way of handling it would probably be that I meditate when I'm anxious the fact that others are only protective about themself and they are not consious enough when they act as they do.

This also seems somewhat logic now that I tend to get into situations where the fear and anxiety arise. If the underlying issue is anxiety itself, I shouldn't run away from it, but to let it come and be solved in the precense of consiousness. If I run away (in my case I deal conflicts and fight), I'm only making sure the problem stays.

So maybe I'll try to act differently and truly try to understand other peoples motivations, even when their motivations are based in fear too.

·
Banned
891 Posts
I left my faith of 24 years 6 years ago. One of the reasons I left was because I felt the human church authorities were hypocritical (and were involved in a horrible scandal- you can probably guess what faith I was- *sigh*). It was the abuse that actually pushed me out of the church. When it comes to human authority, I don't trust certain sources (like dogmatic religious groups, corrupt police officers or political leaders, etc). What I asked myself before leaving my faith (among other things) is, "If there is a God, would he want this church the way it is right now?" The answer for me was absolutely not. I couldn't go against my conscience, and people who commit abuses have no conscience. Therefore, I had to get outta there. The hellfire and brimstone crap that the humans threw my way really messed me up for a long time afterwards, even though I knew I had to get out of that belief system- it was hurting me, and causing me to deceive myself (something I don't readily do).

Does this help any re: abuse and authority, from the perspective of another 6?

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Hmmmm...I just get pissed when I see authority abuse, followed by the thrill of knowing I'm going to confront their sorry asses about it.

Reactions: Steel Magnolia

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I left my faith of 24 years 6 years ago. One of the reasons I left was because I felt the human church authorities were hypocritical (and were involved in a horrible scandal- you can probably guess what faith I was- *sigh*). It was the abuse that actually pushed me out of the church. When it comes to human authority, I don't trust certain sources (like dogmatic religious groups, corrupt police officers or political leaders, etc). What I asked myself before leaving my faith (among other things) is, "If there is a God, would he want this church the way it is right now?" The answer for me was absolutely not. I couldn't go against my conscience, and people who commit abuses have no conscience. Therefore, I had to get outta there. The hellfire and brimstone crap that the humans threw my way really messed me up for a long time afterwards, even though I knew I had to get out of that belief system- it was hurting me, and causing me to deceive myself (something I don't readily do).

Does this help any re: abuse and authority, from the perspective of another 6?
I really can't relate to no religion which gives me contradictions in my head. I feel like I'm losing my identity to some institution instead of being myself. I guess it could be one way to grow as a six that I would see that I don't lose my identity even when I belong to some institution.

There is only one spiritual teacher that hasn't made me sceptical and it is Eckhart Tolle. Neale Donald Wlasch is also a one, but mainly Tolle.

Thank you for sharing.

·
Banned
891 Posts
If you feel like you are losing your identity to an institution- whatever that institution may be- then you will have to look inside yourself and ask, "What is keeping me here, and what am I getting out of staying?" And yes, that question can take a while to resolve. But it can be resolved.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Abuse of authority makes me clench my teeth. I share a similar experience with @LittleB81 and the example of the Church. Also, it angers me when I see parents, of all people, misusing their authority and treating their kids badly. My father actually said to my on my Birthday "You are a minor; therefore you have no say in anything".

·
Banned
891 Posts
Abuse of authority makes me clench my teeth. I share a similar experience with @LittleB81 and the example of the Church. Also, it angers me when I see parents, of all people, misusing their authority and treating their kids badly. My father actually said to my on my Birthday "You are a minor; therefore you have no say in anything".
I know this experience all too well. You've suffered pain, girl, a lot of it. Now you get a virtual hug from me (I'd give you a real one if I could).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts