Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a brief, whirlwind almost, romance with an ENFJ. He's charming as hell, but a tad bit skittish when it came down to talking about feelings. He seemed all so muddled up inside, like he wanted to say everything but considered it a bad thing to do so.
I sadly went in to one of my ENFP depressed bouts (I was sick! I don't handle being sick well! P:) and scared the wits out of him, and thus the ENFJ skidaddled away.
The ENFJ is charming, witty, funny, and has quite the way with words. I swear you guys get me in to so much trouble with your persuading ways. However, you seem to lock everything away inside and won't tell a soul because you're ashamed. Is this really common with ENFJs?
In turn, what do you guys think of your near cousin, the ENFP? Personality-wise, we're quite similar, but there is a distinct difference.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
I carry a lot of secrets...things I don't tell hardly anyone until i know they can be trusted with my innermost secrets...some things are easier to say like...how I've gotten drunk and had sex with men...things that most people could just laugh off an be like "haha, shouldn't do that one again, huh?" but...the real dark secrets that have hurt me in my life, things that cause me pain from my past...I lock up and keep inside until I can trust someone with the key to the boxes I don't even open in myself.

I don't fully understand why he'd have skidaddled away so fast, but...it all depends on how sick and how emotional hurt he got if you were yelling/screaming/upset at him while sick. I know anytime a girl I know has PMS (girlfriend or otherwise) and randomly gets upset and cries/yells at me, it's all like...gah!!! I want to bash my head against a wall because I made someone feel bad.

Also, I don't know any ENFP's to my knowledge...so I don't think I'd have any problems with you or others like you, unless you were habitually late to every date...ever...then I'd get annoyed. But other than that, it would rule, friend or otherwise.

Edit: I also forgot to add an important thing about the being ashamed; I know I try to hide my flaws because...I would like to be a bit more...uh...perfect than I am.

Reactions: Benedox

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never screamed or yelled. That's not really me. It was mostly a calm "I give up on living." sort of deal. I was reallllllllly sick, and I couldn't eat and was already in recovery for anorexia. It felt like my body was rejecting the food because I wasn't good enough. He talked about really crazy childhood things, but he admitted he had hard time saying how felt about people.
I think everyone's perfect the way they are. c:

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Yeah...I don't know about how shitty that'd feel, but I could understand how hearing someone saying they give up on living being a bit of a downer.

But yeah, it sounds like it was rough for both of you, hopefully you have a better experience with my kind in the future.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, hopefully. You guys are awesome to just sort of relax with.
I'm not sure I could ever date an ENFJ again. Too similar, yet you guys have issues with feelings. It's like dating a even more pent up version of myself.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I bottle it all up, not very good at expressing my most personal feelings. I just dont like to burden people, I dont like to inconvenience anyone in anyway. but when it come down to it, i will express what im feeling when you push me to a certain degree. sadly that certain degree is extremely high. so yeah your not getting any info from me.

ENFP... ahhh our closest cousins. majority of my friends are ENFPs (luckily) and my brother is one as well (lazy ass mofo :p). but yes I do love you ENFPs as friends. we get along so well. we are so close to each other yet, it always seems like we are from two different planets.
my ENFP friends just dont understand why I conform or why my views are so easily swayed. and their fear of commiting to schdules. kinda annoying.. you guys flake alot on planned events. ive learned from this though. now i invite enfps last minute XD to make it seem like a spontaneous night. muahahaha!
for the most part. i love ENFPs, i do wish i could be more open with you guys, and with most of them I have, it just takes time.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
when it comes down to say how I feel on the inside, but, negative feelings or problems...its extremely hard for me.
I really want to shout about the problems I have with my family...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah I think ENFJs generally keep alot of stuff to ourselves.Takes alot of time or a very high level of trust to open up to ppl.I think I know some ENFP's(as in I would class them as that but am not sure).I generally get along really well with them and have fun hanging out with them but they're not really ppl that I develop deep bonds with(experience so far).

·
Registered
118 Posts
when I lock something away its usually because I want them to convince me they want to hear it, I dont feel comfortable talking about my own problems so it takes some persuasion
all of the people closest to me are enfp's :D i fricken love you guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts