Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Im also not the type who cares if people agree with me or not or if I walk away from situations with no friends, I just like deep discussions. Like I said, if a person shows signs of not being interested (usually they wont approach me at all) then I won't bother them but theres no need to criminalize me. Im not convinced anyway.

·
Registered
990 Posts
People here are very used to sarcasm and backbiting and when someone comes here looking for an honest interaction it isnt recognized..we can all just talk it doesnt have to be that serious. If Ive ever been overly defensive, sorry. But I really not that serious of a person and can laugh at myself and I dont understand when people come off too strongly as it often happens here and Ill never understand that.

Also people can talk about whatever they want wherever just about so. People should be free here. Itd be alot more fruitful.

·
Registered
797 Posts
People here are very used to sarcasm and backbiting and when someone comes here looking for an honest interaction it isnt recognized..we can all just talk it doesnt have to be that serious. If Ive ever been overly defensive, sorry. But I really not that serious of a person and can laugh at myself and I dont understand when people come off too strongly as it often happens here and Ill never understand that.

Also people can talk about whatever they want wherever just about so. People should be free here. Itd be alot more fruitful.
Please don't drive away people like @Ballast who came here to contribute with their own points of view. The ESFJ forum is dead as it is...we could stand to make it a more inclusive rather than exclusive place.

The science vs. religion debate can go on and on, but my question is: If faith has all the answers, then why do people go to hospitals when they're ill/injured? Why not pray your disease away? I don't mean to bash religion. I have full respect for people of faith and I know faith has its own healing effects, but I know that if I have cancer, I am not just going to go to a priest. I am going to go to an oncologist, because I think faith has its limits. You're saying, how can we explain sunsets, beaches, and people breathing with science? Well, they actually can be explained with science. I took a one-year course on Human Anatomy and Physiology last year and guess what, science has done a pretty good job of establishing how people breathe....go ask your physician if you don't believe me. The answers are right there in the science textbook that you didn't read. It sounds like you have opened your eyes to religion, which is great, but I think at the same time, you have closed your eyes to science and reason. Science saves lives. It is not something that should be viewed with derision or hostility because trust me, one day, it will save yours too.

Also, I don't much like the fact that you go around telling other people that they aren't real Christians just because they also believe in science. There is no right way or wrong way to practice your faith. I think faith is powerful and beautiful, but it should be something that flows naturally out of your individual beliefs. People shouldn't be attacked just because they have one interpretation of Christianity and you have another. Look back into history--millions of lives have been needlessly lost just over this issue alone. I think if you have to tell others that what they believe is wrong, then you're not as solid in your faith as you think you are.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Also, ESFJs can certainly be atheist and science-based. It's just a stereotype that all ESFJs are religious.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I find alot of people here very dense and take stuff that should be taken at face value to extremes when its not that serious and don't know how to deduce information but jump to conclusions and do it time and time again. If you wont interpret me properly when I know Im being clear I wont talk to you. People here act insane, I can state my beliefs as plainly as I wish. Also, I dont complain for any flack I get because I dont care in the first place. You guys never seen a strong Christian before who says what they believe and wont back down from it, too bad. I wont be talking in circles though like so many here love to do.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I find alot of people here very dense and take stuff that should be taken at face value to extremes when its not that serious and don't know how to deduce information but jump to conclusions and do it time and time again. If you wont interpret me properly when I know Im being clear I wont talk to you. People here act insane, I can state my beliefs as plainly as I wish. Also, I dont complain for any flack I get because I dont care in the first place. You guys never seen a strong Christian before who says what they believe and wont back down from it, too bad. I wont be talking in circles though like so many here love to do.
Agreed, there's no point in trying to have a logical debate with you when you just tell me that I'm "very dense", "don't know how to deduce information" and "act insane". I was just hoping to broaden your horizons but sadly you refuse to see how narrow your point of view really is. :(

·
Registered
990 Posts
But no @lenabelle, I get talked to like I cant have a say, people should not expect that to go unaddressed by ME at least. Im strongminded, are people here scared of that or think its wrong I think could be up for debate but I dont fit in in that same way AND I dont care.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Agreed, there's no point in trying to have a logical debate with you when you just tell me that I'm "very dense", "don't know how to deduce information" and "act insane". I was just hoping to broaden your horizons but sadly you refuse to see how narrow your point of view really is. :(
You dont realize how rude you are

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Also, I dont complain for any flack I get because I dont care in the first place. You guys never seen a strong Christian before who says what they believe and wont back down from it, too bad. I wont be talking in circles though like so many here love to do.
I've seen them before, I spend a few decades in proximity. I can't say being inflexible or aggressive is necessarily a positive character trait.

Let's just cut to the core: Jesus knew when to speak bluntly (usually to the religiously devout who judged others) and when to accommodate (for all the time he spend with "sinners" like tax collectors and prostitutes and non-religious, they seemed to like him an awful lot so I'm guessing he wasn't in their faces all the time). So even if he did share his values openly with them, he did it in a way that didn't sunder the relationship, nor did he seem to possess inherent disdain for them.

It's just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
This is a touchy topic. Im a more traditional person. I also dont understand the whole lgbt thing. It seems like a world all its own...I personally would not condone changing genders when the world is oozing with much worse issues. In fact, being concerned with a sex change when millions of babies are being killed under so called freedom of "choice" shows the flaw in our american 1st world problems. Its extremely disturbing if looked at in that way imo. Im not really on the lgbt side of the fence at all. And Im not sure if lgbt are really that happy as someone mentioned happiness. Its a new way of doing things but I say nothing was broken so what is all this lgbt stuff about. I see it as unnecessary alot of the time.
I want to poke you. Not something sharp or necessarily lethal, but with like a toothpick.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've seen them before, I spend a few decades in proximity. I can't say being inflexible or aggressive is necessarily a positive character trait.

Let's just cut to the core: Jesus knew when to speak bluntly (usually to the religiously devout who judged others) and when to accommodate (for all the time he spend with "sinners" like tax collectors and prostitutes and non-religious, they seemed to like him an awful lot so I'm guessing he wasn't in their faces all the time). So even if he did share his values openly with them, he did it in a way that didn't sunder the relationship, nor did he seem to possess inherent disdain for them.

It's just food for thought.
I guess you don't know how Jesus story ends do you.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts