Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like when they start to really fall for someone... how does the ESTP act towards the person?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Usually we know if we like someone pretty early. We like to spend time doing stuff and have a good time. We are fully capable of doing crazy stuff in a creative way...but we are generally not very good in the language department so even we are in love words doesnt come out easily. We speak with our actions so watch out.
e.g fixing your car, helping out to collect or doing laundry, giving advice, helping in analysing things, cooks for our love ones...

·
Registered
176 Posts
My husband asked me to marry him before we went on our first date haha

If you have an ESTP who is interested in you, I have no doubt you'll know.

He buys me everything. I mean EVERY THING. I can't even say the things I like as he WILL buy them whether or not we have money. He does his best to spoil me rotten. He of course is also spoiling himself rotten but I do come in a very close second. :laughing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh my god your man is a risk taker! before the first date! haha, gotta admire an ESTP's courage.

and like the both of you said, it's very true that the ESTP acts on a person they're interested in very quickly. My current boyfriend is an ESTP, and he asked me out literally the same night that we met for the first time. I was so taken aback yet so charmed at the same time! Actions definitely speak louder than words with them.... through enormous acts of physical affection but not as much verbal communication. Can be frustrating at times, especially when you want to know how they're feeling. But it's so worth it :kitteh: Just wanted to know that my estp guy isn't the only one like that! :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
It makes sense that with the ESTPs phenomenal ability to perceive people's motivations and intentions, they know when they're in love pretty early. I had an acquaintance that I've met but haven't really had a chance to talk to until a year later. I was extremely fascinated by her and told her about my feelings for her in two weeks. She still brings up sometimes how weird she thinks it is, haha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if it applies to all or what.
But for me, I'll treat that person very well. Everything in my life is about that person. Whatever I do, reminds me of him. & etc. It's like hopeless romantic but not in terms of in a relationship. If you get my drift. :)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It makes sense that with the ESTPs phenomenal ability to perceive people's motivations and intentions, they know when they're in love pretty early. I had an acquaintance that I've met but haven't really had a chance to talk to until a year later. I was extremely fascinated by her and told her about my feelings for her in two weeks. She still brings up sometimes how weird she thinks it is, haha!
Er what was weird about figuring it out fast? I know right away if I'm interested in someone or not... doesn't everyone?

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I'm interested in someone, I try to let them know I'm into them by the way I act as soon as possible. If they don't seem to get it, then I'll use words.

As for love...I become a hopeless idiot.

·
Registered
778 Posts
When I'm in love I do everything I possibly can for the subject of my affection. I spoil them and try my hardest to be the greatest person they have ever been with. I leave them really cute notes, I always cook them delicious food, I give lots of massages, I cuddle them at every chance I get, I tell them that what I love about them, and I dont even consider cheating. I often compromise and do whatever they see as being fun, considering I have a good time no matter what I'm doing... In other words, I try too hard.

Considering I'm single, I wouldn't call myself a master of relationships. My actions of affection turn the relationship almost into a game. Then when I find myself putting in a hell of a lot more effort than the other person (which always happens), I think they're being selfish and dump them. I end up feeling like I was being walked all over, and it was all on my own doing of what I thought the other person expected.... Although I have dated manipulative people, and what they expected was the universe to revolve around them.

And maybe another reason my relationships don't work is because I'm fairly shallow and I'll straight up admit it. I put effort into getting ready in the morning, the same is to be expected of who I'm with. I haven't dated any larger guys, only beautiful ones with issues, either having to do with entitlement or bat shit craziness. I need a good guy. Lol I would ideally love to meet a pretty INF/TP boy, I love personal time with introverts. Maybe as long as the person doesn't have issues that stop them from living in the real world, or drama that prevents them from holding down a job.

Having said that, this summer is my summer of singledom. There will be no love this summer, only me time. It's going great so far :)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
When I'm in love I do everything I possibly can for the subject of my affection. (...) I haven't dated any larger guys
Aww. I should've known after your first sentence that you were going to end up at the other sentence quoted. :p

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Er what was weird about figuring it out fast? I know right away if I'm interested in someone or not... doesn't everyone?
I don't know about other people, but I usually have unexpected result regarding the person I like. Most of the times I gradually realize that I'm not interested in him as much as I did at the first time. So even if I find him interesting at first, I usually wait to see if my interest on him will last or not.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Yeah its a little wierd how some people don't really realize they like someone. I'll be talking to a girl then BOOM halfway through the conversation infatuation will hit me like a brick. Then I start stuttering, etc. At that point its time to retreat and come back when I have my act together.

I know personalitypage.com mentions something about ESTP's leading people on because we are unaware of our feelings. But I'm pretty sure that article wasn't written by an ESTP. (I think I heard INFP somewhere).

Me personally, I've always been aware of my feelings, I've just been hot and cold. If a girl approaches me hardcore every day I actually lose interest for some reason. I don't mind women doing the initiating if they're a little subtle about it, but if they throw themselves at me like a woman launched off of a tribuchet I get kinda scared. (I'm looking at you, INFJ unrequited lovers)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yeah its a little wierd how some people don't really realize they like someone. I'll be talking to a girl then BOOM halfway through the conversation infatuation will hit me like a brick. Then I start stuttering, etc. At that point its time to retreat and come back when I have my act together.
Haha, cute.

I know personalitypage.com mentions something about ESTP's leading people on because we are unaware of our feelings. But I'm pretty sure that article wasn't written by an ESTP. (I think I heard INFP somewhere).

Me personally, I've always been aware of my feelings, I've just been hot and cold. If a girl approaches me hardcore every day I actually lose interest for some reason. I don't mind women doing the initiating if they're a little subtle about it, but if they throw themselves at me like a woman launched off of a tribuchet I get kinda scared. (I'm looking at you, INFJ unrequited lovers)
You may be unaware of how you appear to others, thus leading people on, accidentally.

What's wrong with a woman wanting you so much? What's scary about it? Can you explain a bit to me? :)

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Idunno its just my natural reaction. Some women come at me with an attitude that is WAY too emotionally intense for me to tolerate. I'm not sure if its neediness or what. I couldn't tell you what emotion their feeling, but it kinda grosses me out sometimes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah its a little wierd how some ... (I'm looking at you, INFJ unrequited lovers)
As an INFJ, I personally don't tend (or very rare occasions) to be the one approaching a stranger/someone I'm interested, whether it's to be friends or more.

I was really into what you wrote then the last sentence made me burst out laughing haha! XD
Probably because it reminded me when I was on holiday few weeks ago, out of all the people I met they approached me apart from one guy who I approached at the pool. And that guy (who I still talk to now) I think hes an ESTP, I'm not 100% sure though. I haven't asked him to take the test yet.

But yeah, we hit it off really well from day 1 and since I told him that it was just me and my mum that came to Orlando. (I'm from UK, he turned out to be a local and wasn't actually staying at the hotel) He always made an effort to come see me everyday. Most of the time he brought a bunch of his friends over to the hotel pool area, when they was leaving he'd still stay with me till the early hours of the morning. He went to Disney world with me even though he had an interview that day, went in the morning, rushed to his interview then came back in the evening. There were times when we looked into each others eyes for awhile and he'd call me a sweetheart, cuddled and all that I can tell his feelings for me are genuine (unless that's his typical ESTP charm! :p). We ended up acting like we was in a relationship pretty much. (Gosh I sound like a hopeless romantic person...) There's other stuff to it but you get the picture.

Also does he sound like an ESTP? ^ he might be an ENTP
You probably need more info to know if he is?

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
@hannahthatswong... well I can see that happening between me and certain infj's really easily. I think so long as the INFJ doesnt reveal their feelings too early its good. I actually prefer wordless love, where the two of you just know and feel the affinity between one another and know exactly what the other is thinking just by how they look at you. I've only felt this with a couple INFJ's, and an ISFP.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts