Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, if I didn't have to see her everyday (we work in the same office, and I'm currently her personal trainer), I would be with her in a heartbeat.

My intuition is telling me that if we go through with this-it might keep weird-feelings hurt ect..

I kind of turned her down last night despite her saying that we won't tell anyone at work.

But anyway, how do some of you guys feel about any sort of intimate relations with a co-worker?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a really quick way to make work even more uncomfortable and tense(and thats the best case scenario i.m.o.). I've seen this happen so many times I've lost count, but I don't recall even seeing it work out well.
Yeah, glad someone doesn't think I'm crazy. Including myself lol.

Hopefully I didn't make anything weird "turning her down". I don't know if she wanted me to stay for a certain type of intimacy that's not sex. But it's obvious she want's something..

I don't know, I still might try it. Since being in therapy and learning about myself and I'm sure I CAN handle the situation.

Heck I've dated and fell for a girl with her exact same personality (ESFP), and these two are so similar in damn near every aspect in their lives, creepily. Pretty much the only difference is that they're from two different states, and one is 5'2 and the other is 5'10 lol.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I can certainly empathize with the temptation having felt it several times myself. Whatever you choose, best of luck to you.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I couldn't do it. I know my feelings too well, I would get attached!

I met my SO at work though and we have had a wonderful longterm relationship. I am not at all against work relationships - I think there are many advantages to meeting at work. But I don't know if either of you have any interest in anything serious.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Can you handle nuclear disasters? If you can, go for it. Fi allowing or not.

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
Casual or not, history will come to bite you in the ass if one day you have a family of your own and the person is still working with you.

Reactions: FreeKekistan

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Casual or not, history will come to bite you in the ass if one day you have a family of your own and the person is still working with you.
It's a call center office; I hope I'm not there that long lol. Plus I don't want kids or a traditional marriage :p

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
It's a call center office; I hope I'm not there that long lol. Plus I don't want kids or a traditional marriage :p
Well, then it's okay. :perc2:

Reactions: MJC

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Of course! Don't ya know? We INFPs are like roaches haha.
They survive but do not clean up after one.

Reactions: MJC

·
Registered
752 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. From personal experience and just observation, it never ends well... Ever. But, that's just what I've had happen to me, and seen. I decided to do this once and ended up sleeping with a girl I worked with who I didn't know much about nor did I care to but then she wouldn't leave me alone, I eventually found out she was fucking married and her husband was overseas in Iraq. I honestly didn't know, but it didn't stop me from hating myself for a very long fucking time. So, as you can assume with that experience I would tell anyone its not worth it.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sx
4,016 Posts
Ohhh in that case nothing to lose right, what are we even talking about? :) do it ... DO IT ...

blegh, casual sex, why would you even need that?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah, If I had to chose between just not having sex at all, or it having to be casual. In all honesty I'd chose no sex.

·
Registered
404 Posts
How about we be really old fashion and go on some *real* dates first?????? You know, the kind where you go to public venues where sex is not likely to happen, and get to know each other better.

My parents met at work. My mom was the elevator operator in a building with only one elevator. She used to get it stuck between floors and feign a malfunction. But once they decided they liked each other, they arranged a date. It was only after a few dates that the elevator became so "unreliable".

You are wise to ask for advice because workplace romances are very tricky. With our strong emotions and introverted ways of dealing with them and our thoughts, things can get very complicated and messy very easily.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about we be really old fashion and go on some *real* dates first?????? You know, the kind where you go to public venues where sex is not likely to happen, and get to know each other better.

My parents met at work. My mom was the elevator operator in a building with only one elevator. She used to get it stuck between floors and feign a malfunction. But once they decided they liked each other, they arranged a date. It was only after a few dates that the elevator became so "unreliable".

You are wise to ask for advice because workplace romances are very tricky. With our strong emotions and introverted ways of dealing with them and our thoughts, things can get very complicated and messy very easily.
That would be possible-however I not feeling her that much right now-plus I talking about casual sex, not a relationship. I don't have to go on dates with someone to screw them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts