Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really a relationship person ever since I had a guy break into my house. This one guy I met is different though. I think I love him. Yeah, I sound all lovey dovey...I'm not usually like that...he just has that affect on me. I don't know what it is about him. When I'm around him it's perfect.

Here's the delima..I want him and he want me and we both want to be together, but he's a lot older than me and my mom won't allow it. We decided to stop sneaking around and he told me to call him when I'm older because he doesn't want to get too attached to someone he can't see all the time. :(

How can I get through the year? He said he'll always have a soft spot for me, but I want him now.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Listen to your mom on this one. Trust me, I wish I had! While it's rare there might be a legitimate male with good feelings for a younger female, it almost always ends up in a position where the male is taking advantage of the girl. If he does still want you when you're a little older and your mom considers it appropriate, then think about it then.

By the way, between my friends and family, if 50% of them don't like one particular guy I break it off. It's amazing how much your friends/family can understand whether a relationship is good or not.

Now find something to absorb your time into so you don't think about it :) a little distraction works wonders.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I met an ENFP gal that told me a story a little bit similar. She was working with a guy almost twice her age that was saying lots of nice things to her and made her feel good and she liked the attention at first, but then it got kinda weird and uncomfortable pretty quick and she cut it off...

Also sometimes we want what we aren't supposed to have or can't have, so be aware of any possible bias on your true perceptions of this guy due to "forbidden fruit" syndrome...

I'd say redirect your energy onto some guy closer to your age that is cuter than him, haha... Easier said than done sometimes as these things seem to "just happen". Trust me though, this won't be your last crush, and even if you did "get him" that would be just the beginning! Be aware of your feelings, enjoy them, but don't act too hastily... Distract yourself with your Te, or just think about serious repercussions with your Fi to help put the brakes on that oh-so-active Ne!!!

Reactions: ModelandActress

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'd definitely cool your jets.

Seriously, if I did everything I was advised against but really wanted to do when I was younger, I'd be covered in horrible tattoos.

I'd just let it wait, right, if you still want each other when the age works - then cool. If your love can't wait, guess what sister, it ain't love.

what is the age difference?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
How much is much older ? If i remember correctly you're 16. Your parents are responsible for your actions until you're old enough to make mature decisions on your own.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I'm not really a relationship person ever since I had a guy break into my house. This one guy I met is different though. I think I love him. Yeah, I sound all lovey dovey...I'm not usually like that...he just has that affect on me. I don't know what it is about him. When I'm around him it's perfect.

Here's the delima..I want him and he want me and we both want to be together, but he's a lot older than me and my mom won't allow it. We decided to stop sneaking around and he told me to call him when I'm older because he doesn't want to get too attached to someone he can't see all the time. :(

How can I get through the year? He said he'll always have a soft spot for me, but I want him now.
I went through something very similar except we continued to see each other. It didn't work out well :/ I would just try my best not to think too much about him. When you catch yourself, try to distract your focus elsewhere. Set more goals... like... "I'm going to try to book at least one huge gig by the end of this year" "I'm going to get a 95% average this semester" ...stuff like that. Work toward those goals. When you're focused on getting things accomplished, you won't have time to wonder about him. Find things to enjoy... more time with friends, goofy music to dance to, lemonade on the porch outside, etc. :) I hope this helps.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went through something very similar except we continued to see each other. It didn't work out well :/ I would just try my best not to think too much about him. When you catch yourself, try to distract your focus elsewhere. Set more goals... like... "I'm going to try to book at least one huge gig by the end of this year" "I'm going to get a 95% average this semester" ...stuff like that. Work toward those goals. When you're focused on getting things accomplished, you won't have time to wonder about him. Find things to enjoy... more time with friends, goofy music to dance to, lemonade on the porch outside, etc. :) I hope this helps.
Thanks, that helped a lot...I love you!

Reactions: Ace Face

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
It isn't good to get attached to people you can't have, even if it's a have them later thing, it's not good for either of you to try and be exclusive that long.

I don't really have any advice on how to get over/not tihnk about people, it's not something i've mastered myself other than by paitence and things being gradual

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
She's prolly a minor. Something tells me she's 17. I might be wrong of course.
Well, if she is, then she has to slow down..... And he needs to respect that (which he has) and she needs to abide by his decision. He said he'll still be around.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
He said he'll still be around.
Just like a shark .. waiting for the little fish to grow tail...

Sorry i couldn't help myself. I know nohing about the guy. He might be a good guy . I was just playin' :blushed:

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Just like a shark .. waiting for the little fish to grow tail...

Sorry i couldn't help myself. I know nohing about the guy. He might be a good guy . I was just playin' :blushed:
Your skepticism is refreshing like a ice cold Sprite! LOL

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd definitely cool your jets.

Seriously, if I did everything I was advised against but really wanted to do when I was younger, I'd be covered in horrible tattoos.

I'd just let it wait, right, if you still want each other when the age works - then cool. If your love can't wait, guess what sister, it ain't love.

what is the age difference?
Only 3 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts