Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wind up in fights with enneagram 8's

·
Banned
557 Posts
Usually I

1) End up getting along with them if they're my work manager and we end up getting a lot accomplished
2) Butt heads with and piss them off

Yeahhhh... it's 50/50 whenever I deal with 8s... Sometimes it goes well and at other times goes straight down the drain... :dry:

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's pretty easy to go on with eights, just stand up for yourself and say what you want to say. It's quite normal for me to end up fighting with someone who has strong opinions. It's not that I dislike that person or that I'm am angry with them, it's just the way I react. In fact, if you just give in it'll probably make me even angrier and loose my respect for you.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. Show us how you are useful to us
2. Do not be a coward. Be consistent and resolute
3. Pick your battles, and we will do the same. Be petty and it's over before it started
It's easier for me to get along with women enneagram 8's then men for me. When you stand up to the male enneagram 8's they often threaten you and want to fight you. Enneagram 8 men are often a pain in the ass to deal with. Also, it seems like you have two choices with them....

1) Submit and be their bitch, in which case they will lose all respect for you and harass you all the more.

2) Stand up to them, and then one of the two results will stem from this.....

A. They will respect you and you will be their new best friend.

B. They will set out to destroy you, and you will be their new worst enemy.

Once again I state, "Enneagram 8's a pain in the ass."

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's easier for me to get along with women enneagram 8's then men for me. When you stand up to the male enneagram 8's they often threaten you and want to fight you. Enneagram 8 men are often a pain in the ass to deal with. Also, it seems like you have two choices with them....

1) Submit and be their bitch, in which case they will lose all respect for you and harass you all the more.

2) Stand up to them, and then one of the two results will stem from this.....

A. They will respect you and you will be their new best friend.

B. They will set out to destroy you, and you will be their new worst enemy.

Once again I state, "Enneagram 8's a pain in the ass."
It's not always that binary though! There IS a third option. Do what you want. They can deal with it :wink:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not always that binary though! There IS a third option. Do what you want. They can deal with it :wink:
Some are like that are some aren't. I often find that some enneagram 8's are such control freaks that if you don't submit, then they will want to destroy you.

Reactions: SophiaMarie

·
Registered
250 Posts
Some are like that are some aren't. I often find that some enneagram 8's are such control freaks that if you don't submit, then they will want to destroy you.
Not many choices in that situation but being their bitch will only make it worse. If they set out to destroy you, you can only respond in kind.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I just stay friendly and confident while making myself useful (i.e. lend them my Ne, Fi, wide knowledge base) and we tend to get along well. Having a 8 on your side is great for dealing with unexpected crises---you can just sit back while they champion your cause.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love butting heads. I do it for sport and people take it too seriously. The most important thing is that when I pick a argument with someone, the must not think that I take everything too seriously. I may not even disagree with you and I'll argue against you because I find that debate is the best way to come to lay out the information present and make my decision.

Stick to your guns and don't take anything I do personally and we'll be aces.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm new to the whole enneagram thing and I don't know too much about it but I tested as a Type 8. My advice from my own perspective is don't try too hard to get on with me..that annoys me and the person comes across as desperate! And don't start on me but don't just let me walk all over you either! Just be yourself, if we get on then we get on, if we don't we don't...c'est la vie!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hit them as hard as you can.
You have to mean this figuratively and not literally.

I love butting heads. I do it for sport and people take it too seriously. The most important thing is that when I pick a argument with someone, the must not think that I take everything too seriously. I may not even disagree with you and I'll argue against you because I find that debate is the best way to come to lay out the information present and make my decision.

Stick to your guns and don't take anything I do personally and we'll be aces.
I'm new to the whole enneagram thing and I don't know too much about it but I tested as a Type 8. My advice from my own perspective is don't try too hard to get on with me..that annoys me and the person comes across as desperate! And don't start on me but don't just let me walk all over you either! Just be yourself, if we get on then we get on, if we don't we don't...c'est la vie!
So 8's will intentionally try you just to see if you will stand up to them or not? Also, what you are saying is that if I stand up to an 8 then they will respect me?

·
Registered
230 Posts
So 8's will intentionally try you just to see if you will stand up to them or not? Also, what you are saying is that if I stand up to an 8 then they will respect me?
Honestly yes, sometimes I do try people just to see their reaction. If I'm aware of the fact that they moan about me behind my back constantly but don't have the self-worth to stand up for themselves then I won't have much respect for them. Also by "stand up" I mean, be honest and direct with me if you don't like the way I'm dealing with something but don't act cocky and cheeky just to cause a fuss. If someone is honest with me I will respect them so much more than if they unhappily go along with what I say while moaning behind my back.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Honestly yes, sometimes I do try people just to see their reaction. If I'm aware of the fact that they moan about me behind my back constantly but don't have the self-worth to stand up for themselves then I won't have much respect for them. Also by "stand up" I mean, be honest and direct with me if you don't like the way I'm dealing with something but don't act cocky and cheeky just to cause a fuss. If someone is honest with me I will respect them so much more than if they unhappily go along with what I say while moaning behind my back.
I couldn't agree more.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, it seems like you guys are sick, but at least it helps me to understand your mindset.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts