Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I am very energetic peppy, emotional guy. Therefore, I am basically the opposite of 5's. I have a hard time dealing with 5's because are so cold, unemotional and logical. How do I get along with you guys?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Just give us the chance to warm up to you. Then the aloofness eventually decreases.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just give us the chance to warm up to you. Then the aloofness eventually decreases.
It's just wierd because I can't read you guys like I can other people. You are so unemotional that you are like robots. It's hard to guage how to act around you socially

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
It's just wierd because I can't read you guys like I can other people. You are so unemotional that you are like robots. It's hard to guage how to act around you socially
Just engage anyway, even if you aren't getting the normal social cues. I find it very hard to initiate conversations, even if I want to talk.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just engage anyway, even if you aren't getting the normal social cues. I find it very hard to initiate conversations, even if I want to talk.
Yeah, but every time I do that, you guy's just look so annoyed like you want to be left alone. I feel like I'm being looked at as a nuisance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Okay, so I am very energetic peppy, emotional guy. Therefore, I am basically the opposite of 5's. I have a hard time dealing with 5's because are so cold, unemotional and logical. How do I get along with you guys?
Just be yourself and see where it takes you, I don't always outwardly show my true feelings towards somebody, there's a good chance they like you and you aren't able to read their signals(IE actually responding to you over a simple yes/no).

·
Banned
220 Posts
Usually we do want to be left alone. The best way to make us talk is to figure out what we're interested in, and then talk about that. Small talk will get you nowhere. Be interesting, appreciate our intelligence, and above all, don't probe (I can't stand nosy people).

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just be yourself and see where it takes you, I don't always outwardly show my true feelings towards somebody, there's a good chance they like you and you aren't able to read their signals(IE actually responding to you over a simple yes/no).
Yeah, I know what you mean. It would almost be better IRL if someone would give me hint that I was dealing with an INTP 5 like yourself before I actually met them in real life lol. No offense, but I approach you guys and I'm just like, "What crawled up that guy's ass and died?" Luckily now that I have studied MBTI and enneagram I take a much more open-minded approach. But yeah, sometimes you guys can confuse the hell out of me.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I actually really like gregarious people.

It's just that my brain forgets to notify my face about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. It would almost be better IRL if someone would give me hint that I was dealing with an INTP 5 like yourself before I actually met them in real life lol. No offense, but I approach you guys and I'm just like, "What crawled up that guy's ass and died?" Luckily now that I have studied MBTI and enneagram I take a much more open-minded approach. But yeah, sometimes you guys can confuse the hell out of me.
Well, as much as I'd like everybody to know exactly how to deal with each other, I'm not about to go and tell somebody I'm a Type 5 INTP in my introduction...might as well be a goodbye if they don't know what it is, or even if they do. :shocked:

I generally get along with INFPs, well, at least the ones I know, I only know one ENFP and we're not particularly close, you just have to make sure you don't take anything we say as a personal insult, we're not saying it at you, only at what you said if we happen to correct you.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Usually we do want to be left alone. The best way to make us talk is to figure out what we're interested in, and then talk about that. Small talk will get you nowhere. Be interesting, appreciate our intelligence, and above all, don't probe (I can't stand nosy people).
lol, no shit I don't get along with you guys. I constantly probe for info. My Ne naturally makes me curious about people, so I ask a lot of questions. It is my way of trying to be friendly. I did this with an INTJ 5 one time, and he said, "What are you the fucking FBI? You don't need to know all of that shit!" I was like, "Fuck you dude!", and we almost got in a fight.

So basically, the best way to approach a 5 is to speak to them about intelligent concepts huh?

·
Registered
485 Posts
You're assuming that the appearance of coldness =not liking you + having an actual cold nature. Having detachement as a virtue doesn't mean that the person is glacial inside or has no feelings. And even if you're dealing with genuinely cold people, their lack of expressiveness doesn't mean that they have a problem with you. 5s tend to be extreme withdrawing creatures, and are unlikely to waste their time with someone who they don't respect/like. As long as you don't come off as intrusive and unsubstantial, chances are that they're not bothered by you if they willingly keep you company. It's up to you to learn their "language", unexpressive as it may be, if you want to befriend them so that you don't see annoyance where there is none.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Intelligent

I know that I can't take it personal, it's just the way that the 5's naturally act. It's just very hard to get used to, that's all.

@Nymma

Okay, so if that's the case, then how do I know when a 5 is just being themselves and when they really are annoyed by me, don't like me, are or angered by me?

·
Registered
268 Posts
@Intelligent

I know that I can't take it personal, it's just the way that the 5's naturally act. It's just very hard to get used to, that's all.

@Nymma

Okay, so if that's the case, then how do I know when a 5 is just being themselves and when they really are annoyed by me, don't like me, are or angered by me?
Best way to get along with a 5w6 : Be open minded to anything, be willing to support what you say, don't take things we say personally(you'd know if we really didn't like you....lol), bring food(who doesn't like food?).

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Ask. I know I would answer truthfully.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Best way to get along with a 5w6 : Be open minded to anything, be willing to support what you say, don't take things we say personally(you'd know if we really didn't like you....lol), bring food(who doesn't like food?).
But how? What specifically would a 5 do to let me know that they don't like me?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
'I'm a bad person: a very awful person. I often disregard people's feelings and say hurtful comments:

If that's true, it's no wonder why a Five wouldn't like you.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
1 - 20 of 171 Posts