Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a coat of arms, that I've long wanted to use to represent myself with online, but I don't know how to digitize it, and photographing it with my digital camera certainly doesn't work.

Quick description: It's a perfectly white round shield, with a black two headed byzantine-style raven on it, enclosed by two laurel wreaths intertwined with purple bands, and with a sword for support on the left side, and a scroll on the right. The crest is a chamois and the motto is "Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært", in Danish.

My family is part of the Danish "embedsadel", and in the German and Scandinavian tradition it is indeed customary for arms to be handed down through the family, though I have made minor certain changes to my personal arms in conjunction with a certified heraldic expert.

If anyone can tell me a good program for converting it into a file, or put me into a digitally savvy heraldic artist I will be very grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
There is no magical program that converts a physical drawing into a flawless digital illustration. As lovely as that would be. Actually, no, because then digital artists would no longer be employable.

Your best bet is to scan it using a scanner and then find an artist who can create a digital version for you based off of that. Or just use the scanned version if that suits you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts