Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no friends in real life. I 30 and I am not sure where to look for people within my age range. I do talk to people online and try to make friends, but I miss that real life contact.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Do they have something like meetup.com in your country?

·
Registered
INFJ 2w1
154 Posts
I have no friends in real life. I 30 and I am not sure where to look for people within my age range. I do talk to people online and try to make friends, but I miss that real life contact.
I met my wife on this website, who's to say your online friends won't be irl friends someday? Aside from that, I normally make friends at work and try to meet up with them outside of work. They introduce me to new people and the cycle continues.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,547 Posts
First off, you have to search for these friendship opportunities somewhere in your routine. Do you work or go to college/University? Start there. Sometimes, interesting people are much closer to us than we think they are, and we still ignore them for some reason or another. Once you meet someone new, this person can introduce you to multiple new people (and from there you start building a solid network).

Second (as others have said), use the internet (one of the best socialization tools ever created) to meet new people. I have tried OkCupid before, and instead of finding a significant other there, I found three or four solid friendships who share many interests in common with me.

Three, be bold. Express yourself. Put yourself out there and make it clear you want to attract people. The way you act and the signals you send to others are important. Nobody will want to approach someone who seems like a turtle hidden inside its own shell.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 [964]
373 Posts
I second using the internet! There are apps you can use to meet people in the same city as you (like bumble and okcupid). If you really enjoy talking with someone, try to meet up with them otherwise those online conversations can fizzle out unless there is some strong chemistry. It's how I met my boyfriend, and most of my friend group I met through him.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,593 Posts
I like the concept of meeting people while doing what I enjoy.

For example, roller skating. Whether its in a disco derby or out by the coast, it’s pretty great to run into someone(s) doing the same thing you are. Though, quarantine is kinda in the way.

If you’re a gamer, online multiplayer gaming seems to be a great place to meet new people in that age range.

How about the gym? A coworking space/shared office? Be safe of course, covid is an a#hole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts