Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halp!

My ESFJ boss is the nicest, sweetest person, and I feel like I can talk to her about pretty much anything, but I swear she must think I'm a moron or something.

Every morning when I come in, there's a long list of very detailed and very specific notes on the desk that she forces me to call her and discuss in even more detail. Then she carries on and on and talks in circles and takes forever to get to the point. Sometimes I get kind of snappy with her because I've got clients coming in (I'm a fitness coach) who are getting cranky that I've been on the phone for an hour. The funny thing is that I'm like her second in command and most trusted person in our company, and she says so all the time and always brags about me to everyone and even consults me on every decision involving our company, yet she won't promote me to the title of manager like I keep asking.

I feel like there's some extreme trust issues going on here, and it's getting so tiresome.

Do I just need to be blunt with her that she doesn't need to explain things so much? I know Fe doms get their feelings hurt pretty easily.

I feel like it's a stress thing for her when she starts getting really nitpicky, and not so much my fault, but I don't know.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,687 Posts
When you say "discuss it in even more detail" do you mean to elaborate further what has been stated or to give you a summary? Since she has given you an very long list, maybe you could highlight some of the key points and provide her with questions that she can only answer yes or no / option A or option B. Assist her with getting straight to the point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts