Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After a whole lot of reading I've finally managed to type myself ENFP, but now I want to get my friend typed.

I tested her a few months ago and she came out as ISFP, which I was surprised about. A lot of the ISFP description makes sense but I'm just not convinced she's a Sensor.

Its hard to type others I know, but how do you think I can tell if she's ISFP or INFP?

Thanks, your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Very honestly, it's often clearer than one thinks. Se preference with some Ni has a much different vibe than Ne with Si. Se types are direct with their engaging of the external surroundings, and have much more appreciation for engaging sensory detail, and it's fundamental to how they analyze, understand, reason.

If there really is no clarity then IXFP - perhaps she hasn't grown into a type in a well-defined way.

I find it also helps to remember that usually 2 out of the 4 functions are just under-emphasized or under-done or one projects a lot more of one's negativity onto. The question is if N is one of them or not, here. It's not that S types cannot be intuitive, but they'll tend to have a greater discomfort when there's reckless abandon of the sensory.

I once thought I could just possibly be a sensing type until I looked at it this way (plus a few other things).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts