Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It runs when I'm outside.
It runs when I'm cooking.
It runs when I'm in class.
It runs when I'm driving.
It runs when I'm in the office at work.
It runs after spending a few hours in my bedroom.
It runs when I'm exercising whether that's indoors or outdoors.

It's literally on and off all day.
I'm sick of carrying tissue with me wherever I go.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Remove it from your life. Threaten divorce.
Take half of it's money and leave it begging and pleading in the streets.

((Carry antihistamines (non-drowsy), invest in a humidifier to clear out your nostrils before bed. And yeah see if you have an allergy maybe, or it could be a polyp, or sinusitis. In which case I'm sure you can get stronger antihistamines and something more appropriate at the doctor. I had a nasal spray a while ago, Avamyst I think it was. That was prescription, so ask for that maybe.
Calpol also does an OTC saline spray for newborns. I used it and found it helpe, but not as much as Avamyst. Another nasal spray I got prescribed was Drynol, and I found that worked the best.
Also sit up when you sleep so you don't get earache.))

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Welcome to my life. I carry a purse just for meds and tissue.

Flonase (Fluticasone) is over the counter in the US. It helps but isn't 100% of the time. Still, it doesn't make you drowsy as it's a nasal spray that works directly on the mucous membranes in the nose. I find if I use it while sneezing or if my nose is running it won't work. I have to get dry first. And then it's pretty good for 10 hours or so.

Something I like to do is lie down with a hot towel over my face. It shouldn't counter the effects of histamine production as cold would, but it helps me to settle all the nerves and muscles around my face and sinuses.

Also, a neti pot. I don't really like the physical task of using it, but at times like you are describing nothing is better at cleaning things out.

Good luck. This has been my worst year in a long time. I thought old age had finally allowed me to outgrow it but this year my allergies are back with a vengeance.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've the same issue, hun. I know what you mean.. Not sure what to do about it. I just take allergy pills, and vitamin C packets every day if I can remember it. Helps a bit at least.

I don't like using Nasal Sprays much as it can sting after a while or even make a nose bleed. But occasional use can be necessary, I would believe.

I actually use to have nose bleed problems too until I got it cauterized.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts