Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to not mind that I overanalyze but at this point I have found that it is holding me back from enjoying life. I find it really hard to be in a relationship. How can I date someone that likes me more than I like them? How do I just accept that dating is a good learning experience? How do I stop thinking of the ending before the beginning? I just can't shut it off. I wish I was dumber. I want to live and not be alone forever. Any advice?

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Enjoy the ride! Go on dates for the sake of getting to know someone better and to enjoy the experience at hand. This is easier to say than do though. I still struggle with this, but it's coming more naturally.

Try to go on dates with people who you are curious about and you're just getting to know them. Get out there and do activities that you enjoy doing, and you may run into someone with common interests. Tonight I met a cute shy woman volunteering at this tax preparation thing (of all the places, I don't like taxes but it's an opportunity to serve), and I felt chemistry after asking her questions and smiling at her then got her name and eventually asked for her number over facebook. She gave it to me! Some luck and some skill...not sure if it will amount to much or not, but I am sincerely interested in her as a person and a romantic interest.

You can look at dating as if it is like window shopping or car shopping. You don't have to commit or become a pair fast. Try before you buy. If the person is relevant to you and likeable, you'll stick around for the sales spiel. Ask each other questions, have a first date in a place with communication and interaction. If the interaction between you two is more evenly distributed, the more chemistry you'll feel. There's other factors, of course.

Find a reason for a date and show your personality and interests in a more modest way, or encourage your date to pick something they find fascinating.

It seems like women have an advantage on the online dating circuit. The only times I get consistent responses is when they message me first most of the time. I am not sure if this is always the case. It's the case on OKcupid. Something to consider, but a con is there's shady guys out there...you can ignore them though.

Reactions: Edie

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
How have you come to pose these questions without actually knowing the answers to begin with?

You're reluctant about something, I'm not sure what. But the answer is going to be stupid obvious to you, if you didn't already know the answers before you asked them.

You know how to properly percieve and conduct a relationship, but you just aren't?

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Dang, I was biased...I assumed you were straight and probably other things, but I think most of my previous post is OK for hetero or other kinds of relationships.

Also, I didn't get a response from my last text to the lady, but that's OK. :) I gotta move on, and keep my eyes open. Plus, I feel a bit insecure now about it because I was over-thinking it. Maybe I'll ask her out again or try to make more fun banter before that? It's good to move on though, and I know I am not an ultimate romantic solution to just anyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts