Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard for me to tell. They both seem so similar.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
A nine doesn't give a fuck in the end. A 2 is the nurturer right? they actually care about you. Nines just don't want you to be all teary and cryie or be in state turmoil and conflict around them. They'll help you out when you there but don't expect a follow up. We'll probably be too caught up as to what to do to help and start to go sloth on you.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Watch their reactions to helping you. If they actually seem interested in helping you and actually go to help you without being asked, they're more likely a 2. If you always have to go to them for help and they often seem like they aren't putting full effort in, aren't interested or slack off a lot, then they're more likely a 9. As a 9 with very low 2, the one thing to watch out for with me is how much you expect me to help you. I don't mind helping people out once in a while, but once people start expecting me to help them with a lot, especially if it's simple, then I become very combative about helping with anything.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I, for example, share more than I give, and even that is mostly just to minimize conflict. I generally don't want to get, and when I get, I don't immediately feel the need to give back (though sometimes I'll rationalize out a reason to (usually to avoid conflict)).

Reactions: kateykinz

·
Registered
211 Posts
really? i'm a 9(w8) and i enjoy helping people if they think i'm the person to go to for it. i love to listen and give advice especially. but i would agree about the "following up" part; i mostly don't follow up, however it's mostly to keep my own life in check. also i don't go out of my way to help people either (unless they look really like totally lost). when i am needed though, i do tend to try and be as resourceful to the person/group as i can without becoming too absorbed in the others issues (in a way that i perceive to be "unhealthy", which mostly just means putting my own identity/dignity in jeopardy).

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
O, I don't know...I'm a 9 and I LOVE helping people. Sometimes I stop people on the street just to see if I can help them in someway.

I suppose though, I am not very interested in helping with "chores" and yes, if people begin to "expect" me to do things I'll immediately rebel and stop, especially if it's not being appreciated.
However, if a chore needs to be done because someone can't (due to some illness or other problem) I would take joy in doing it for them. Even if this "chore (s)" meant taking care of someone sick for a long period of time.

I'm a 9, I don't know anything about 2's...

I don't like conflict, not because I'm afraid of it, or because I'm a coward (because I think I'm far from it) -- but because it upsets me so much; because I feel it too deeply and have a lot of difficulty shrugging it off after as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
9s and 2s can both be helpful and generous. however a 2s desire to help is compulsive whereas a 9 will only helpout if in a good mood and/or they like you. 2s are also often more emotionally expressive in conversation. one fundamental difference in my personal experience is that type 2s are not laidback like 9s are. 2s are usually quite emotionally wired even if they seem fairly calm when you first meet them. in contrast to 9s who often numb their emotions if they are unpleasant.

but the best way to tell the difference between a 2 and a 9 is to watch them when they're angry. 2s will openly vent their frustration to their friends until they feel better, whereas a 9 will often go quiet and become more aloof and tell only 1 or 2 people about it at most.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Wouldn't your tritype also affect this question? 9's with a 2 influence will behave similar to 2's while 9's with no 2 on their tritype will not be as overt about it. I'm a 9, and I only like to help when I feel like it, or if in a life or death situation. Not to say that I don't enjoy it, but I'm not compulsive about it as some 2's I know.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have thought of myself as a 2 before because I tend to help people out, but then I realize I only help out because they ask me to. And I can't say no, so I do it. Also, I have a tendency to forget the things I do for other people, and if they don't reciprocate or thank me for it, it's ok. It doesn't cause me stress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts